Last coin of the day - First Barber Dime!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
My son and I headed out on Sunday. I had a plan A and B. Plan A was a once 1880's school house. We went there and it was very overgrown and bricks everywhere. All we could find were some shotgun caps, an old nail and some junk. Plan B was to go to another new site. Well, Nate didn't like my plan B. BTW - my son is 15 and is really the one driving me to do all this metal detecting.
Anyway, his plan B was like 20+ miles in the opposite direction. I said no. We settled on a heavily hunted park by Lake Erie. Found some modern clad, pull tabs, bolts, etc. We were getting kinda discouraged. Also was getting late.
Decided to try one last spot that was close. We had about a half hour left. Well the half hour was about up and I had aready put my stuff in the car. I go over to tell Nate that we have to go and he is grinning ear to ear ;D. I couldn't believe it! A 1912 D Barber Dime! What a great way to end the day.

Bob

PS - did also find a couple wheat pennies in bad shape.

Attachments

• 1912barber.JPG
    1912barber.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Nate15.JPG
    Nate15.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
B

bradandmilan

Great find Nate! That would make me smile too.

Keep it up!

Brad

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go, Nate. Now it will turn into a friendly competition cuz dad will have to find one now!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barber IS good!

HH

Lonewolfe

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Good job it happens like that alot. You know how many times I've heard I was going back to the car and then it happened. It's good that you are involved with your son. This is something good to do at any age. Hope you guys find more. It is not easy. It takes alot of foot work motivation and you have to be on top of it all the time. Looks like you guys are on your way.

HH Jeremy

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bradandmilan said:
Great find Nate!? That would make me smile too.

Keep it up!

Brad

lonewolfe said:
Barber IS good!

HH

Lonewolfe

haupin said:
Way to go, Nate.? Now it will turn into a friendly competition cuz dad will have to find one now!

Nice job Nate! Dad has the itch now!! :D Time to get back out before the snow flies. Hurry!!

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't think I will be able to keep up with my son. I tried that with running(he's in cross country). It worked for about 6 months. :P For Metal Detecting, he has the determination, desire and the time. I will have to secretly plan my own hunt at a private home to try to get one up on him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread