Last couple outings

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out a couple times before work yesterday and today. I'm starting to think I am truly addicted to this hobby! Setting my alarm so I can get a couple hours in each day when I used to just sleep in.

Yesterday I only found some coins and the usual odds and ends - buckle and strap from a purse maybe, a broken motorcycle toy, and some more junk jewelry. The next day I tried an older elementary school built in 1916 but didn't find anything older than 1960's. More clad - and the same dime store stuff - with a real gaudy faux diamond button and Mickey Mouse earring, until I was almost ready to pack it in and got a good signal. Another small silver ring (kid's sized) with a tiny purple stone in it. Stamped "925" on the band - so it's silver all right. Makes two silver rings this week! Made a mediocre hunt a bit better.

Looking forward to doing some more checking on Monday and hopefully find something cool. My brother has a much better detector and wants to go out with me sometime and has a real knack for research - so I am very much looking forward to that!

Attachments

• may 29 group shot.jpg
    may 29 group shot.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 471
  • may 30th group.jpg
    may 30th group.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 457
  • junk jewelry group.jpg
    junk jewelry group.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 465
  • kids ring silver.jpg
    kids ring silver.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 464
  • jar update.jpg
    jar update.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man ur doin ok. There is one piece there that has some age. That accordion reed. And congrats on the rings. Cant wait till tuesday to hit the lake beaches and git my ring count going for the year. Keep it up. :icon_thumright:

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
mr black i'd say your gettin better all the time becomming one with the detector kind of yoda like way to go :wav:

OP
OP
black651

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonehunting - I was scratching my head on that item you ID'ed for me (accordion reed) - I had no idea what it was. Thanks! Hope you get some great finds on the beach!

teleman 2525 - Thanks! Appreciate the confidence builder! :)

Gator-Flea - Thanks for the compliment! :)

The accordion reed and all the others from that group were found in the yard of a school that has been around since 1916. One thing I have gotten curious about is the buttons I have been finding - and am starting to look around on the internet for a good reference on them. It would be cool to have a kind of a timeline that shows when certain styles and materials were used - that way I could better zero in on the age of the items I found. Will be some fun research!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
black651 said:
Gonehunting - I was scratching my head on that item you ID'ed for me (accordion reed) - I had no idea what it was. Thanks! Hope you get some great finds on the beach!

teleman 2525 - Thanks! Appreciate the confidence builder! :)

Gator-Flea - Thanks for the compliment! :)

The accordion reed and all the others from that group were found in the yard of a school that has been around since 1916. One thing I have gotten curious about is the buttons I have been finding - and am starting to look around on the internet for a good reference on them. It would be cool to have a kind of a timeline that shows when certain styles and materials were used - that way I could better zero in on the age of the items I found. Will be some fun research!
hey line up your buttons and post them. I'll shoot VaYank54 a pm to look at them. He's pretty good at dating them. If not him there are alot more who knows buttons. GH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions