Last Few Hunts

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Here are a few of the finds that I have made in the last few weeks. My buddy Tom and I have been hunting a few construction and house sites in and around Nashville. He has dug probably twice as much as me but here is my stuff. I also dug 2 rings (not shown) one was silver and the other was gold plated. The badge is from the Knights of Pythias and is silver. The litle cuff button is an eagle "A".
The watch fob is made of copper and is from the American Accident Insurance Company. The token is "good for 5 cents in trade'' and has J.B. on the back. The coolest thing that I found was a piece of lead bar from the camp. It has an eagle stamped on it and has cin.o under the eagle. I didn't think too much of it at first (actually Tom pointed it out to me as I didn't see the eagle) come to find out it is from The Eagle White Lead Company from Cincinniti, Ohio. They were founded in 1842 and furnished lead to the military during he civil war. We had dug several molded and mis-moded bullets in this camp plus a lot of slag lead so I think this lead bar was used for molding bullets in camp. I had a picture of Quindy and DMan in my billfold for good luck..... plus my wife Julia said before I left home "I hope you find something good"!!! Tennessee digger

Attachments

• March03Finds01.jpg
    March03Finds01.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 245
  • March03Finds02.jpg
    March03Finds02.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 234
  • March03Finds03.jpg
    March03Finds03.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 226
  • March03Finds04.jpg
    March03Finds04.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 218
  • March03Finds06.jpg
    March03Finds06.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 6
OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Hope you recover real fast Woody. I appreciate your comments and, like I said, Tom found a lot more than me (hey, I'm old). He also dug about 5 good bottles at one site! TD

sorry guess i should have read it better but still an amazing group of finds i find it hard to pick out what i like best they are all so cool.appreciate you sharing your finds with us.laid up from knee surgery and having to enjoy seeing every one elses finds for now.hopefully i will be able to get back out soon but til then enjoy seeing great finds like these thanks.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some amazing finds :occasion14: just pulling that Knights of Pythias out would have been an adrenaline for a few seconds.. What is the story with the little doll guy you found? i have only seen a handful of little dolls found in civil war camps and huts that would look like that one! was this doll found on the ground or was it picked up by a detector? that is interesting!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I was with a guy that found a large bar but it was not stamped. I think it is still out in his shed. Great finds Tn Digger. I agree with everyone. You always find good interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing with us. That bar would sure have caused a lot of misery.
TnMtns

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
HutSiteDigger....the little doll was pickup on a bulldozed lot where an old house sat. The house was probably a turn-of-the century house and was built on top of a yankee camp. SO you may pick up a wheat penny and walk 4 feet and dig a minie ball. It is all mixed in together. Over the years (about 40 now) I've hunted a lot of bulldozed sites around Nashville and picked up hundreds and hundreds of old marbles, small china dolls (and parts), bottle stoppers, glass, shell, rubber, and bone buttons, ect. Not bragging of course but I've been at the a long time. Some day I will post some of the things that we have found in civil war trash pits. Thanks for your nice comments. Tennessee digger

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice digs! I would still be drooling if I found that stamped lead bar!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
tennessee digger

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Thanks thrillathahunt. Over the years I've dug several lead bar pieces in civil war camps but that is the first one I've ever dug with a stamp on it. I've seen one dug with St.Louis lead shot company (I think that was the name but I know it had St,Louis on it). You never know what may come out of the ground. TD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread