Last Few Hunts

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here follows finds for the last few weekends. Not much in the way of cool relics, but maybe a little more interesting than pull tabs I guess. First ring of the year but it was a child's ring, maybe some kind of mood ring that doesn't change colors anymore?? I found one before in 2012. The heart pendant I hoped was glass when I pulled it out of the ground but it was plastic. The bezel looks plated. The hairpin looks kind of old to me. Earring...the ear post says .925 on it, but the rest of it looks plated...and rusty. Not sure what the 'A' plate came from...says 'C' on the other side. The lid says 'TANGEE ROUGE' or something like that. 1948 D Wheat penny that was sitting on the ground in a clearing of grass among some modern clad. I don't feel like detailing the other stuff, other than the whole paper dollar I found rolling by a park table. That was nice. Oh yeah, and the clad, which is always cool to find.

Lately, I've been going around trees, something I like to call 'ringing or wringing the trees' where I go around the base first, then after a full 360 degrees, I go around again just outside and over lapping my previous circle, keeping my swing width about 4-5 feet. So I just keep getting further away from the tree itself, circling it in larger and larger over lapping rings. I know that people hang out around trees, people looking for shade, kids playing etc., so, I figure since the sun moves and so does the shade, why not cover all possible angles that the shadows will move throughout a given day? I notice that I find a lot of money this way among other things. I tend to find more bottle caps and pull tabs next to the tree, I believe in part because people want to lean and relax against a tree with something to drink right? If someone is drinking beer, they probably use the tree for two reasons, to lean on it for support and as a means of hiding lol. I guess? So the caps and tabs never fall far from the tree?? LOL! Generally the caps I find are always beer...I guess, maybe soda doesn't come in capped bottles much anymore?? I don't know, just some thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    870.2 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm is Jarl your name or title?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of finds! The wheat cent is really nice! Keep up the good work. H Digs

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is actually my given first name. I was named after a traveling insurance salesman..he was Norwegian so he said. My ancestry is paternally Swedish, German, English and quite possibly Cherokee but that isn't substantiated, and even so, would be miniscule.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Twinkletoes!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool, it is a title on some umm forums ( not that I would know of such)

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have been asked that before recently, i mean in regards to games and things using that name for characters of sorts. I guess there is a festival every year in Shetland, called 'Up Helly Aa' or something, and the key figure is 'the Guizer Jarl'. They select a new 'Jarl' I guess, as a sort of pageant. Traditionally this guy is to lead the troops through town for a night of revelry. This all comes from the old Norse 'Jarls' who I suppose were chieftains or nobles of smaller tribes or peoples. Interesting stuff.

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for comments wvwildman!

ekeisler

Apr 6, 2013
What does that "A" say on the back? Is there another letter? I found a "B" with a "Y" on the back just like yours!

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, man its been forever since I've found any paper money, good stuff!

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ ekeisler, the back has a letter 'C' on it. I figure it's some sort of signage tag that can be flipped or something. Let me know if you figure out what it was used for. I found this not too far from a railroad track. Thanks vpnavy!! NW Digger, thanks, and yes, i found two $1 dollar bills within the last two weeks, always a cool find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread