Last few weeks and a nice error coin!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My dimes have not been going to well the past few weeks, so I haven't really had much to post about. I wanted to try pennies because I had never searched them before. I got two boxes of pennies and found a pretty nice error coin. So here are my results:

Day one:
-Dimes Box 1: 0
-Dimes Box 2: 1 silver

Day two:
-Dimes Box 1:0
-Dimes Box 2: 1 silver
-$50 CWR Dimes:0

Day Three:
-Dimes Box 1:0
-Dimes Box 2:0
-$55 FWR Dimes:0
-Penny Box 1: 13 Wheats, Roughly 3.2Lbs of Copper, Very nicce error coin
-Penny Box 2: 5 Wheats-1 1919, 2 Copper Canadians- 63 68, 3.1Lbs of copper

Is that what an average penny box should produce? coin.jpg What is this error worth?

Upvote 0

Gareb

Sep 10, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to tell you but I think it is PMD. I had one similar to yours but it was a half dollar. It is the result of 2 coins being pressed together like in a vice. It would be near impossible to have a double strike with a reverse and still have the head of lincoln showing through it. It is a dead give away if the words are backward or like a mirror image. Sorry. I thought I had something to until I showed it at a coin show to a guy that deals in errors.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to tell you but I think it is PMD. I had one similar to yours but it was a half dollar. It is the result of 2 coins being pressed together like in a vice. It would be near impossible to have a double strike with a reverse and still have the head of lincoln showing through it. It is a dead give away if the words are backward or like a mirror image. Sorry. I thought I had something to until I showed it at a coin show to a guy that deals in errors.

So since it is two coins it's not very valuable? Oh well it still a cool find to me.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he means is someone "after the mint" pressed 2 coins together in a vise. Called a "vise job".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread