Wheat City, USA. - My first solid roll

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Day today. To start off, 2 days ago I got a 1944 wheat in the give a penny take a penny at a store near where I work. Yesterday, got a 1950 wheat at the beer store in my change. Today, 1951 wheat penny in the give a penny/take one at a gas station in town. My thoughts - one of those epic wheat boxes (like that guy who got 2000 in one box) got unleashed to a non CRH, and they're spread out over town.

Today, I get some CWR nickels ($98), and here's the kicker, one (50c) penny roll. 2 war nickels out of the nickels, and......taadaa! - the one and only penny roll I pick up is a solid wheat roll! Even weirder - all 1944's! My first solid roll of anything (other than 2012's) ever. I wish they were all different, but still this is cool.

So now my theory is that some massive wheat collection was dumped in town, and the coins seem to be spread all over. Thoughts?

Coins - Solid Roll 1 - 1944 wheats - 91712.jpg

Upvote 0

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should head back to the bank and get the rest of those CWR's ASAP!!!

Great finds!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

I picked 'em all up, that was it. Apparently some guy earlier in the day had already gotten all the dimes.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverForBrains said:
Thanks!

I picked 'em all up, that was it. Apparently some guy earlier in the day had already gotten all the dimes.

Bummer! Check back anyways..maybe the customer had more to wrap and bring back in! Ya never know!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea! I will stop in again in a couple of days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions