Last Hunt of the Decade Doesn’t Disappoint - Gold + 3 Silvers!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

I was hoping I’d have enough time to get in a final hunt for 2019 today and am glad I did.

I started in a new area and got 6 wheats. Some pretty good years in there including 1912 and a couple 1929-S.

80B3C0E5-20B4-4B98-93F0-40371CB89950.jpg

I decided to end my outing where I found the Barber Quarter on Sunday and it turns out I didn’t even come close to cleaning that area out.

I was digging copious amounts of clad and then I got a little four leaf clover charm. After pinpointing that I got another signal and got a silver ring in the hole with it! That started the onslaught.

A bit later I found the Rosie. While doubling back over the hunted area I got the Merc. It was dark and rainy and windy and I should’ve gone home but I really wanted to finish this little area I was working so I busted out the headlamp.

I’m darn glad I did because one of my last signals with the headlamp was a 14K ring! My first and now last gold of the year lol.

All in all, a great hunt and another great season in the books. I’ll work on my year end wrap up soon!

EFD2569D-707A-491C-90D9-68D572B2DFF3.jpg
C71940DC-6D1B-4343-9301-31D975B4E2D5.jpg
7752E807-726B-4B9E-BF8C-3A1DC818404E.jpg
2273FC55-016D-4CC2-9C4D-40B4712A5FDC.jpg
92863759-5111-499E-819D-17163FD6D0D8.jpg
2B9285A1-283B-4116-8101-2FE2D6A4FB03.jpg
852AE3DD-EF4A-4463-A135-463D4C814F1E.jpg

Happy New Year everyone, stay safe!!
-W

Upvote 29

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great way to close out the decade !!! Congrats & best wishes for a fantastic 2020 in The Sound!!
What about that big channel-set ring? Looks pretty heavy & the stones look great. Is it old tarnished gold???

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to mop up the goods for that last hunt of the year, Washingtonian... especially the gold! Congrats on some awesome finds... may you “ring” in the new year with even more ! Ddf

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the killer hunt! :icon_thumleft:

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washingtonian, Nice way to close out the year and decade.... You had a fantastic year my friend !!! Can't wait for your wrap-up--- Happy New Year to you and you wife.. May 2020 be one of the greatest years of your life. Be Healthy and Happy, my friend... Basss

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent job my friend!! I haven’t popped any gold since summer. Way to finish strong!! Looking forward to the wrap up!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats W! Great year I'd say! Happy New Year too!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to close it out !! Wooo hoo !! Congrats !!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy new year! Great last hunt and looking forward to your wrap up post if you have time to pull one together. You had a great year. Congrats!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good way to ring in the new year thoise rings are freakin cool looking and look very old. Boy you ripped some lore outta the earth this year Bro. Hope 2020 is even better Happy new year. Tommy

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond everyone! Outside of work I've been spending all my time documenting my 2019 finds and tumbling all this clad. Looking forward to getting back in the swing here soon.

Washingtonian, Nice way to close out the year and decade.... You had a fantastic year my friend !!! Can't wait for your wrap-up--- Happy New Year to you and you wife.. May 2020 be one of the greatest years of your life. Be Healthy and Happy, my friend... Basss

Thanks so much basss. I really appreciate it and you! I hope winter in NY is treating you well. Good luck out there and keep reeling in those Walkers spills, will ya?

Fantastic finds!!!

Thank you!

Excellent job my friend!! I haven’t popped any gold since summer. Way to finish strong!! Looking forward to the wrap up!

Thank you! You had a great year too. I'm pretty sure you already saw it but in case not here's my 2019 wrap up: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2...wrap-up-94-silver-coins-6-bucket-listers.html

Congrats W! Great year I'd say! Happy New Year too!

Thank you! It definitely was. I appreciate all your comments thoughts and support!!

Nice! Great way to finish up the year. Congrats and GL in 2020!

Thanks, good luck to you too!

Way to close it out !! Wooo hoo !! Congrats !!

Thank you, definitely finishing with a bang!

Happy new year! Great last hunt and looking forward to your wrap up post if you have time to pull one together. You had a great year. Congrats!!

Thanks so much. You've been so awesome, consistent and encouraging. Keep up the good work yourself.!

Good way to ring in the new year thoise rings are freakin cool looking and look very old. Boy you ripped some lore outta the earth this year Bro. Hope 2020 is even better Happy new year. Tommy

Thanks Tommy! Haha, you are awesome. I love all your phrases and constant encouragement. Looking forward to seeing what you find in 2020!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great way to close out the decade !!! Congrats & best wishes for a fantastic 2020 in The Sound!!
What about that big channel-set ring? Looks pretty heavy & the stones look great. Is it old tarnished gold???

Thank you so much! Just junk metal unfortunately. Hopefully more good stuff to show by the end of this year!

Not a bad way to end the decade!

Thanks man, it's been fun hunting and game planning with you!

Nice finds! Really like the pictures!!

Thank you! I learned some style ideas from some of the great detectorists on Instagram. A couple folks who do a great job with their photos: jamflicker, digthatbeep.

Great way to mop up the goods for that last hunt of the year, Washingtonian... especially the gold! Congrats on some awesome finds... may you “ring” in the new year with even more ! Ddf

Thanks so much! Not a common find for me so I'm always happy to stumble on it.

Congrats on the killer hunt! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks PoE. You are an absolute pillar here on TNet. Keep up the good work!

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks Randy and happy new year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread