πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, this is it. Went for a quick hunt then cleaned off the etrac and put it to bed for the winter :( Managed to get an odd buckle (this is the second one of these from this field), a Tombac button, musketball, two ringer bullet and the loop from the top of a pocket watch. Gave it a little rub with my thumb, and the silver is gleaming through. Thanks for looking and HH

Upvote 8

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Sorry to hear you've put away the detector, hope you have other adventures to get you thru winter!
Stay warm!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good things come to an end. Even if only a temporary one.

So, I'm wondering, will you still be coming to T-net? I know that kills me when I come on here and see all those goodies I'm not able to try for anymore. ;)

Know what's needed now? ROAD TRIP!!! LOL

I only wish I could sometimes!

It's been a good season!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got one last hunt it bud. Maybe we need to go south. I started going on a cruise every winter to get out of this mess for a week. Smartest thing I ever did :-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got one last hunt it bud. Maybe we need to go south. I started going on a cruise every winter to get out of this mess for a week. Smartest thing I ever did :-)

Excellent idea! But, tell me, how much does that cost nowadays? Or do you find enough gold for it? ;)

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dabble around with the electric guitar and do alot of research on the loyalists from our local area. I have enough to last me through the winter. I will definitely be visiting tnet and reading all of the posts. I find it inspiring, not to mention the joy I get from someone finding something great. I love seeing people get excited over history. It's true, the winters are a ***** here in Canada, but I'm sure I'll get jittery and sneak off to the beach on a mild day. Last time I tried that, the ice flow was in, so it was a wasted trip. Anyways, best of luck to everyone on tnet!!! Looking forward to seeing your posts, even if I am more jealous than a 16 year old boy with his first serious girlfriend. Lol.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Abe! A cruise sounds great to me! Totally out of reach, but it sounds good :)

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Ace we didn't do bad this season right see ya next season...

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love that old lead…all those little hunts add up with finds over time to one larger collection…great saves

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent idea! But, tell me, how much does that cost nowadays? Or do you find enough gold for it? ;)

Well it's not all that bad. Depends if you care about having a balcony or an inside cabin. We choose the balcony because we enjoy the sunrise and sunsets and just being able to have the ability to sit on the balcony. I'll have to check with the lady but I think it's about $3000 for the two of us. This includes all the meals which are excellent. Of course if you enjoy gambling like I do you bring a bit more and shopping like she does.... Well you get the idea lol. We worked a long time to get to the position where we could do this but it's sure nice to get away from Maine in the winter. Journey is playing on the cruise that were going on this winter. Should be fun. It's a very very relaxing vaca. You don't have to search for restaurants and you can do anything you'd like right on the boat. If you want to go on excursions you can and if you just wanna stay on the ship you can do that as well.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's not all that bad. Depends if you care about having a balcony or an inside cabin. We choose the balcony because we enjoy the sunrise and sunsets and just being able to have the ability to sit on the balcony. I'll have to check with the lady but I think it's about $3000 for the two of us. This includes all the meals which are excellent. Of course if you enjoy gambling like I do you bring a bit more and shopping like she does.... Well you get the idea lol. We worked a long time to get to the position where we could do this but it's sure nice to get away from Maine in the winter. Journey is playing on the cruise that were going on this winter. Should be fun. It's a very very relaxing vaca. You don't have to search for restaurants and you can do anything you'd like right on the boat. If you want to go on excursions you can and if you just wanna stay on the ship you can do that as well.

Yep, I know what you mean about working long and hard to get there. Trouble is, some, never do get there. No matter how hard they're worked. :dontknow:

Anyway, makes me wish I'd saved all those gold rings I've found in my lifetime. LOL

Thanks!

Guess, I'll only get as far south as my jalopy will get me to. :dontknow:

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we are gonna look into it for next year. $3000 isn't that bad...with the exchange rate, that should convert to about $36464738383838 canadian, right ;)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we are gonna look into it for next year. $3000 isn't that bad...with the exchange rate, that should convert to about $36464738383838 canadian, right ;)
You honestly can do it a bit cheaper than that too. And I'm pretty sure your money is worth twice as much as the mighty american dollar now lol. I can't keep track anymore. I know it's a lot different than when I was 18 and I was partying in Canada. My money was worth a bunch then. Not so impressive these days lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I know what you mean about working long and hard to get there. Trouble is, some, never do get there. No matter how hard they're worked. :dontknow:

Anyway, makes me wish I'd saved all those gold rings I've found in my lifetime. LOL

Thanks!

Guess, I'll only get as far south as my jalopy will get me to. :dontknow:
I will tell you that a few lucky breaks have really helped us. For 1 we bought our house from a pretty wealthy relative that owns a few and we got it dirt cheap. So the mortgage is very cheap and we've got a great house on a river. The other thing we did is basically just work hard for years and pay off every bit of debt. I was working at least 80 hours a week for a few years. Now she manages a bank and I'm a contractor. We don't make that much money but we own out vehicles and the small mortgage makes it possible to save a bit. Were just like everybody else we just caught a few lucky breaks after years of feeling like if something bad could happen it would lol.

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went down to Bangor for Black Friday and our dollar was worth $0.87. BOOOOOOOO

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the hell were you in Bangor for? Did you see my alcohol soaked liver anywhere lol? I lived there in my early 20s and was very hard on myself. I now live in the midcoast area closer to Portland. I love it down here. Incredible restaurants and very culturally diverse. The early colonial sites don't hurt either :-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were just like everybody else we just caught a few lucky breaks after years of feeling like if something bad could happen it would lol.

You mean, sort of, like not knowing what's in the next hole, right? Some people find treasure and some, (for lack of better words), unlucky ones who only find pull tabs.

You described, pretty much, my life, just without those "lucky" breaks. I worked my whole life through, raised a family, got out from under all debt. Now, I'm free. Free to do anything I want! Anything that doesn't cost much more than a pack of batteries that is. ;)

Don't get me wrong. No sour grapes. Just that this one can only dream now. Unless......I do dig up that unknown cache of 20 dollar gold pieces. LOL

Sounds like a nice way to get warm, your trip.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean, sort of, like not knowing what's in the next hole, right? Some people find treasure and some, (for lack of better words), unlucky ones who only find pull tabs.

You described, pretty much, my life, just without those "lucky" breaks. I worked my whole life through, raised a family, got out from under all debt. Now, I'm free. Free to do anything I want! Anything that doesn't cost much more than a pack of batteries that is. ;)

Don't get me wrong. No sour grapes. Just that this one can only dream now. Unless......I do dig up that unknown cache of 20 dollar gold pieces. LOL

Sounds like a nice way to get warm, your trip.

If you're free and happy my brother you have riches that lots of millionaires will never have. And things can certainly change in an instant. My life has been full of peaks and valleys for sure. We just never know what will be thrown at us next. You may find that gold cache. I may lose all my work and her bank may close there doors. This life is certainly unpredictable. But being happy and content is a form of being rich that is beyond what any money can bring. I hope you have both my friend

OP
OP
RelicMedic

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we can say we are rich in other aspects of our lives. Happy, healthy and content.

Abe,
Living in New Brunswick, we are in Calais alot. Bangor twice a year. We talked about it and we'll probably hit Portland next year. As for your liver, it's a pretty safe bet that both of our livers are out there somewhere lol. I was eyeballing some of those old homes and parks while I was there. My wife caught me looking, turned to me and said "no". I'm not sure how I feel about her ability to read my mind!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're free and happy my brother you have riches that lots of millionaires will never have.... I hope you have both my friend

Oh my yes! I have a plethora of "permanent" blessings I can count when needed. Everything else, just transient.

Many would love to be able to "hunt" whenever they want, I do. ;) Necessity is still the mother of all inventions and need makes one very creative. I always say, life can change in one single heartbeat. Literally.

Oh if I REALLY wanted to travel and beach-comb, I know no one better equipped. :)

One foot in front and repeat for as long as I can. That's my only plan. :)

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions