LAST LAKE HUNT OF THE YEAR

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my favorite local lake yesterday for a 3 hr hunt as the temps hovered around the upper 40s,,, geared up in my wetsuit, booties, gloves, etc. and the extra effort & perseverance paid off! I haven't hunted it since the end of August...

Found $3.62 in clad (not shown) & this nice 14kt white gold mans wedding band/ring! ;D

CZ20 was the weapon of choice...

Water temps approx. 40 degrees presently here in mid MI

People passing/driving by were looking at me like I was nuts or something!?

Who's laughing now though!?

HH all,

Lonewolfe

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0

JAG

Nov 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Nice find, a very nice unique wedding ring... and outstanding determination to brave the weather.. ;D

Jerry

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice lonewolfe!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beauty LW, congrats on the nice white gold! Must have been a cold hunt, we have freezing temps here. You're making me feel guilty for not detecting a lowered lake, just 6"-18" of water in the swim area that's normally 3 feet deep. I might get there, a lot of crap on my plate right now. HH, Mike

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
That's a beauty LW, congrats on the nice white gold!? Must have been a cold hunt, we have freezing temps here.? You're making me feel guilty for not detecting a lowered lake, just 6"-18" of water in the swim area that's normally 3 feet deep.? I might get there, a lot of crap on my plate right now. HH, Mike

All you need is the wetsuit & accessories, and you're all set to hunt water into the 33 degree range for at least 1 hr before needing a break/warming period Mike,

I've been doing it for yrs,,,

when the water is 40 to 45 degrees,,, with the proper gear,,, you can hunt for 2 to 3 hrs with no problem, and don't even feel the cold!

HH

Lonewolfe

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That is an sweet looking ring. Nice score.

I tried "in the water" type hunt this late summer at a Lake Erie beach. Think I found a couple pennies. Only gave it about 1/2 hour. Maybe I should have done some more...

HH,
Bob

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey Lonewolf, what a beautiful ring. Nice to end the year that way. And Yes, if you would like to come out this way next year, let me know. We are supposed to get 10 inches of snow tomorrow and another 10 or so on Thanksgiving, so we won't be seeing the ground again till april. Congrats on a fantastic ring...Lance

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats the right attitude!
Who cares what anyone else thinks.
Nice ring!!

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Hey Lonewolfe, Great looking ring. Were you wading waist or chest high?? Thinking about getting a second hand suit just for this. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks Art... HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job LW!! Your determinationdid not go un noticed.WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread