mound/fort finds

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Went MD'ing yesterday for a couple hours,found 1 penny.On the way home we stopped at another site which is a known Indian mound and apparently a Spanish fort later on.I went around the side of it and scratched around with my fingers and found this chinese ceramic shard a piece of pottery,and some kind of granite type rock that looks really worked.I was thinking that there may be some old coins there so I plan on detecting around a little next time I go.HH!!GL!!NATE

Attachments

• 100_0740.JPG
    100_0740.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, you never know untill you go!

R

Rookiebob

Hey Son,
Good job! Kinda gets ya that all that MD'ing and you get skunked on the 1715 goodies. And then you go digging with your hand and got what is probably remnants of Chinese porcelain from the wreck. I was reading excerpts from one of the books on the 1715 (Kip Wagner?) and there is mention of Chinese porcelain in there. Looks like porcelain and it's definitely Chinese. I'd go back and beat the area up with the detector. ;)
If it warms up, I'll be back at it too. I want to check out the barn.
GL&HH, Rookiebob (Dad)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions