Last of the Failed Crop areas! - First Target Met!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the 2008 end of year results I set a target of 50 hammered for 2009. Dad & I have already made it breaking 51. We only had 44 the whole of last year!

Cut hammered of William 'the lion' - Scottish King 1165-1214 - only my second ever!
Hammered of Elizabeth I
2 Jettons - 1 nice think example I don't have!
2 Medieval beehive thimbles
Medieval purse bar
17th century sword belt fittment
RARE - 17th century token - 1652 IOHN EWIN of Cambridge making candles

What a great day on only 1.5 acres of failed crop (eaten by rabbits & crows mostly) - took 8 man hours.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,014
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
50 hammered wish i'd not told you about the xp now. Like the William Lion, did it make you think Steven when it was covere'd in soil ?. :thumbsup:

Remember its a joint total, I only have 37.

Its in VF+ on both sides better than the last one I had.

At first the bust looked a little like Henry I, then I thought it might be a Stephen. Then I saw the 'ALTER' for hUE WALTER & realised what it was :thumbsup:

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
You should open an antique button shop!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
50 hammered wish i'd not told you about the xp now. Like the William Lion, did it make you think Steven when it was covere'd in soil ?. :thumbsup:
Well maybe he saw what I got of one of his fields, and that along with your hint pushed him over.
But its good to help people (also detectorists).... :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:
Well maybe he saw what I got of one of his fields, and that along with your hint pushed him over.

Woody, the honest truth is I had no idea what detector you used on my fields & I had no interest. I was happy with the Cortes & its found me many great items. They only reason I couldn't continue using it was because of my weak back etc... I researched all sorts of belt mounted machines & this one took my fancy. I've never been one to follow fashions or be convinced by others, I make my own mind up based on my own research. I always do my own thing.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

Woody, the honest truth is I had no idea what detector you used on my fields & I had no interest. I was happy with the Cortes & its found me many great items. They only reason I couldn't continue using it was because of my weak back etc... I researched all sorts of belt mounted machines & this one took my fancy. I've never been one to follow fashions or be convinced by others, I make my own mind up based on my own research. I always do my own thing.

and i got mine based on your research and the fact that you keep finding all the good stuff ;D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

and i got mine based on your research and the fact that you keep finding all the good stuff ;D

You did very close up research. I have no problems with people copying others or using other peoples ideas, I do it all the time at work. However, I like the truth to prevail, & the truth is that I copied no-one on this one, just did my market research. After getting it I realised that the Pro, Shaun & I met had one & so did his side-kick. They are a very popular machines over here & maybe I should have followed fashions years ago but I'm in my own little bubble. If it were the same machine & not belt mountable, I would have stuck with what I know well.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

You did very close up research. I have no problems with people copying others or using other peoples ideas, I do it all the time at work. However, I like the truth to prevail, & the truth is that I copied no-one on this one, just did my market research. After getting it I realised that the Pro, Shaun & I met had one & so did his side-kick. They are a very popular machines over here & maybe I should have followed fashions years ago but I'm in my own little bubble. If it were the same machine & not belt mountable, I would have stuck with what I know well.

should be interesting on sat/sun with the different settings! it sounds like a different machine on the settings you gave me!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

should be interesting on sat/sun with the different settings! it sounds like a different machine on the settings you gave me!

It will sound completely different, but the difference between good & bad should be far more obivious. Thats the idea anyway. When you get used to it, you can play around with whatever is your style or whatever your confortable/confident with. It will take time, I've still got a long way to go & hope that the WS3's will help. But as you know I'm happy rapidly digging all the iron nails which get in my way. As you know I copied Woodys settings which fit in neatly with my style of trying for maximum depth whilst hearing everything & deciding myself.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

It will sound completely different, but the difference between good & bad should be far more obivious. Thats the idea anyway. When you get used to it, you can play around with whatever is your style or whatever your confortable/confident with. It will take time, I've still got a long way to go & hope that the WS3's will help. But as you know I'm happy rapidly digging all the iron nails which get in my way. As you know I copied Woodys settings which fit in neatly with my style of trying for maximum depth whilst hearing everything & deciding myself.

the good signals sound much more obvious than what i can hear out of your headphones :-\

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

the good signals sound much more obvious than what i can hear out of your headphones :-\

exactly.
goodnight & hammered dreams

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A BIG congratulations to you!

It sounds like this spot is a great site. Will they replant it later in the season, or will it lie fallow all year?

Wonderful finds there--and it is great that not only did you break the hammered total, but it was with a scarce one too. :)

Bravo, my friend. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
A BIG congratulations to you!

It sounds like this spot is a great site. Will they replant it later in the season, or will it lie fallow all year?

Wonderful finds there--and it is great that not only did you break the hammered total, but it was with a scarce one too. :)

Bravo, my friend. :icon_sunny:

Too smaller area in the middle of the crop to bother re-planting, so it will stay as is, until after harvest.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

Some good points there Cru...I'll ad my three peneth if Tesoro get there act together and make a lighter faster lobo I think personely that it will pi$$ all over the XP.

The XP in my humble opinion is over rated, and lousy on depth, the Minelab machines blow it out of the water, it's just the price and weight of them that put me of personely,

The only advantage it has is the recovery speed and it's pin pointing is better than the Minelabs (smaller holes) Sorry to go of topic of your finds mate :-\

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

Some good points there Cru...I'll ad my three peneth if Tesoro get there act together and make a lighter faster lobo I think personely that it will pi$$ all over the XP.

The XP in my humble opinion is over rated, and lousy on depth, the Minelab machines blow it out of the water, it's just the price and weight of them that put me of personely,

The only advantage it has is the recovery speed and it's pin pointing is better than the Minelabs (smaller holes) Sorry to go of topic of your finds mate :-\

thanks ss, now i'm completely crushed :D

the lobo is lighter than the xp without the box on!

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

Some good points there Cru...I'll ad my three peneth if Tesoro get there act together and make a lighter faster lobo I think personally that it will pi$$ all over the XP.

The XP in my humble opinion is over rated, and lousy on depth, the Minelab machines blow it out of the water, it's just the price and weight of them that put me of personally,

Yes it is shaun....but the Lobo needs upgrading, your still attached to the machine, also the coils, the best one (in my opinion ) is the 8"1/2" which is very unreliable I have had three break down on me,

when I have spoke to dealers they have all agreed with me about the coil, the lobo is a fantastic machine but a bit out dated, should they bring out a new lighter faster version with better coils I would

go straight back to one with out hesitation.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
Silver Searcher said:
shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:
robfinds said:

Some good points there Cru...I'll ad my three peneth if Tesoro get there act together and make a lighter faster lobo I think personally that it will pi$$ all over the XP.

The XP in my humble opinion is over rated, and lousy on depth, the Minelab machines blow it out of the water, it's just the price and weight of them that put me of personally,

Yes it is shaun....but the Lobo needs upgrading, your still attached to the machine, also the coils, the best one (in my opinion ) is the 8"1/2" which is very unreliable I have had three break down on me,

when I have spoke to dealers they have all agreed with me about the coil, the lobo is a fantastic machine but a bit out dated, should they bring out a new lighter faster version with better coils I would

go straight back to one with out hesitation.

i can't really argue because i havn't tried my xp yet, but i have seen cru pull hammered after hammered while i've been next to him with the lobo!

i do like the lobo though, but will comment more on saturday :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread