washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing great!

I'm getting married Saturday so I got my last hunt in as a single person tonight. There's a chance I do some beach detecting in Hawaii on the honeymoon but I'm not planning on too much.

Got out to a handful of different sites tonight. Landed some exciting finds as you can see below. It was nice to get out but I'll be glad when September rolls around and we get some rain. The grass is just too dry around here.

I pulled my nicest buff in a long time. Had to deal with two older women scolding me for detecting on public property tonight. They were both so heated, they started to get mad at each other about who got to tell me off first. That was a first. Yikes. I politely told them I was on public property and would be wrapping up in 10 minutes. Can't be chased off by every crazy with an opinion.

Anyways, here are the photos:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390775.614455.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390787.226627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390796.313694.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390804.512791.jpg

The tally:
-1 Rosie (1948-S)
-1 Sterling Ring (very interesting mark, never seen it look like that before)
-1 Buff (1918-D)
-10 Wheats
-1 Navy button

Thanks for looking and I hope you all get a lot of stuff in the second half of August!
-W

Upvote 22

kudzu74

Jul 31, 2018
MiSSiSSiPPi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, keep swingin'...Secondly, they are all crazy you will find that out once your hitched there is just different levels of it...Congratz on your finds and soon to be marriage! Been happily married 18+ years to the craziest person I know because she said 'yes'.

Btw, post some pictures when you get back!

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on ur hunt, looks like u do good

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wash, I'm married almost 33 years, may you have a great life together, I'll try to keep the silver going, while your gone.. basssmann Ray

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show Washingtonian. Good luck on your pending nuptials.

I bet Junior hopes that wedding ring will slow you down, so he can catch up.

Best to you and the future Mrs. W.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You might get the chance to detect a little after the reception. "Jewelry" for sure will be everywhere. Hey, have a limbo contest. That'll do the job.:laughing7:
Good luck in your next life.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Good show Washingtonian. Good luck on your pending nuptials.

I bet Junior hopes that wedding ring will slow you down, so he can catch up.

Best to you and the future Mrs. W.

I bet he does, I'll have to send him a list of my sites! :)

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wash, I'm married almost 33 years, may you have a great life together, I'll try to keep the silver going, while your gone.. basssmann Ray

Thanks bass, I hope to be able to say the same to a young guy someday. Get some big shiny stuff while I'm gone!

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
First off, keep swingin'...Secondly, they are all crazy you will find that out once your hitched there is just different levels of it...Congratz on your finds and soon to be marriage! Been happily married 18+ years to the craziest person I know because she said 'yes'.

Btw, post some pictures when you get back!

Thanks Kudzu, hopefully i have some pictures of some beach jewelry to post!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting married. I wish the best for the both of you! Nice score on the old Buffalo, Rosie, and Wheats. You've got a Sterling ring and a Naval button. It's all GOOD!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some nice finds and another silver dime. Tip on continuing to detect on your honeymoon in Hawaii... Hit the beach super early, 5 am, finish by 7:30, arrange for breakfast (her favorite stuff) and bring her breakfast in bed each morning. Maybe a nice arrangement of your gold and silver finds for her next to the freshly squeezed OJ. She will appreciate you thinking of her FIRST, and still get your detecting fix in. Congrats!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice navy button and finds and congrats on getting married

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Washington, congratulations on your wedding. Secondly those are some real nice finds. Enjoy life with your new parter. Maybe the two of you can detect together now. Twice as many finds.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! Oh, and the marriage too!:laughing7: We'll expect to see a Mrs.Washingtonian making some post soon! :icon_thumleft: Nice find on that Buffalo. Not a real common date/mint mark. Check for the 8 over 7 that year. You might have hit the jackpot!

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grest post im hoping and you as well

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread