Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been holding these back until I found the owner of the High School ring. Been going to the lake because it has been so dang Hot here. Glad it was now as the lake has been giving up Treasure on an almost daily basis. While the Deus is not a true water machine that thing will hunt
ATTACH=CONFIG]1190191[/ATTACH] IMG_20150714_134135003.jpg IMG_20150717_110824044.jpg IMG_20150715_125447779.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150721_174540.jpg
    IMG_20150721_174540.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 12

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang. Nice Bling... That diamond is huge.. You've been killing it. Time to go buy my DEUS some water-wings.
I did read a section on andys book on the DEUS in the water.

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang. Nice Bling... That diamond is huge.. You've been killing it. Time to go buy my DEUS some water-wings.
I did read a section on andys book on the DEUS in the water.

Several silver rings. The one with the wings on the front was made from a Franklin Half and the 2 earrings are pretty good size too. But of course you only find 1 earring and not a pair. Yeah man go ahead and swim that Deus. The only thing is I bought a waterproof case at Walmart in the sporting goods section for my controller. Use all tones and go for it.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that woman topless in the one pic?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that woman topless in the one pic?

Yeah its a nude beach. That's why they lose all the bling. Don't think I'd go anywhere else do ya OD? Tried to get CT to come down and hunt but he's kinda shy. Go figure

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a super haul of nice rings you have scooped up there. And the return was the right thing to do.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What a great hunting spot- Don't let the people there see any bling-

Then you will come back to 11 people with detectors.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tylerbdad , Nice finds ! Could you show some closer pics of the ring made from a coin - I 'm wondering how it can be from
a Franklin Half , because the only thing with wings on those coins is darned near invisible (the tiny eagle on the reverse).

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tylerbdad , Nice finds ! Could you show some closer pics of the ring made from a coin - I 'm wondering how it can be from
a Franklin Half , because the only thing with wings on those coins is darned near invisible (the tiny eagle on the reverse).

OK but my camera phone stinks . these are the ones I sent CT last week
IMG_20150714_180148.jpg IMG_20150714_174129.jpg
IMG_20150713_175248801.jpg IMG_20150713_175159721.jpg
Don't actually know if wings from half but inside you can read parts of half dollar etc

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunting spot- Don't let the people there see any bling-

Then you will come back to 11 people with detectors.

Funny you should say that. I went to one spot yesterday and ran into an old hunting buddy. I asked what he found. Absolutely nothing. Told him I've been hitting it hard.

That's about the best I can do but if you like I'll send it up to Vino for some better shots.
He's quite the photographer/videographer ya know

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Down OD

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you have been killing the jewelry my man..
Love the coin ring..
Would love to find that..

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you have been killing the jewelry my man..
Love the coin ring..
Would love to find that..

Thanks George...but says the man that culls 1600-1700 finds. How's the pond coming? The snakes aren't gonna get any smaller. Look in the mail I want you to shoot that ring for me.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks George...but says the man that culls 1600-1700 finds. How's the pond coming? The snakes aren't gonna get any smaller. Look in the mail I want you to shoot that ring for me.

Lol!! Ill take the pics, but ur not getting the ring back..

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tylerbdad , You've solved one mystery with your closeups , and created another - The half dollar from which the ring was made is
a Walking Liberty Half - as evidenced by your last close up pic. which shows the position of "E Pluribus Unum " relative to
the word United , and just right of all that , the shrubbery coming in right where it should be as well . The Mystery is the
wing/shield device on the outer surface of the ring (clearly , soldered on after the ring was hammered out ) perhaps a
military hat pin originally - I'm curious to see if anybody here can I.D. that rascal ? I think this find is very interesting
the "applied" winged devise strongly suggests that this is a "trench art" kind of piece to my mind . Excellent Find !

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol!! Ill take the pics, but ur not getting the ring back..

OK only if you throw it in that pond and let me come up and dive for it. Or better yet let me dredge for it..lol

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tylerbdad , You've solved one mystery with your closeups , and created another - The half dollar from which the ring was made is
a Walking Liberty Half - as evidenced by your last close up pic. which shows the position of "E Pluribus Unum " relative to
the word United , and just right of all that , the shrubbery coming in right where it should be as well . The Mystery is the
wing/shield device on the outer surface of the ring (clearly , soldered on after the ring was hammered out ) perhaps a
military hat pin originally - I'm curious to see if anybody here can I.D. that rascal ? I think this find is very interesting
the "applied" winged devise strongly suggests that this is a "trench art" kind of piece to my mind . Excellent Find !

The Franklin half theory was from the Braintrust of me and Carolina Tom. See the problem now? Brain and us don't fit. Let me work on those pics. Thanks for straightening us out. That's hard to do

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there's the stuff you've been texting me for a few weeks!, awesome stuff !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread