Last weekends Civil War finds. Tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 3-17 finds cleaned.jpg
    3-17 finds cleaned.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 881
  • inf button.jpg
    inf button.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 877
  • new_marck 15 07 finds 023.jpg
    new_marck 15 07 finds 023.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 877
  • new_marck 15 07 finds 027.jpg
    new_marck 15 07 finds 027.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 879
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a tent adjuster I think.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a shield nickel in the photo?

Buckleboy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Hello.. Great finds... You might want to double check that tent adjuster... It looks like it is part of a late war enlistedmans 4 piece buckle to me... this would have had two pieces like what you found.. which went on the belt.. and two larger brass peices that were the actual buckle... I can post a picture tonight..

MonkeyBoy

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Is that a shield nickel in the photo?

Buckleboy
No I wish! But it's just a clad nickel.

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MonkeyBoy said:
Hello.. Great finds... You might want to double check that tent adjuster... It looks like it is part of a late war enlistedmans 4 piece buckle to me... this would have had two pieces like what you found.. which went on the belt.. and two larger brass peices that were the actual buckle... I can post a picture tonight..

MonkeyBoy
Yep I wasn't really for sure about that. My relic book didn't have the greatest picture of one. If you did post a photo of that would be great Thanks MonkeyBoy. Tsgman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Very nice assortment of CW era items.

I am not much into relic hunting, but it is very cool, and interesting to see items that people find from the CW time. So many different kinds of relics were lost, dropped and abandonded, that you can only wonder what it was really like to fight against another countryman.

I have read some stories, of brothers against brothers........ a sad time in America's history, that we all hope will never happen again, for any reason.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
hey tsgman, great finds!

Question, middle of the top pic, second thing up... What is it? I've found a couple of those in some campsites and never knew what it is.

OP
OP
tsgman

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cryptodave said:
hey tsgman, great finds!

Question, middle of the top pic, second thing up... What is it? I've found a couple of those in some campsites and never knew what it is.
You know I am not exactly sure myself! I have dug about 4 of those. I at first thought it was the sight on a rifle?But I am not sure. I will let you know if I find out.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great job Tsgman!

Nice display as well. ;)

Ridley

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
tsgman said:
cryptodave said:
hey tsgman, great finds!

You know I am not exactly sure myself! I have dug about 4 of those. I at first thought it was the sight on a rifle?But I am not sure. I will let you know if I find out.

Those are mouth harp and or accordian (sp?)parts..... much like harmonica blades.... I dug at least 50 of them out of one site!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread