Last Weeks Creek Find

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Week's Creek Find

Yall know that I find some unusual rocks all together. This one stuck out like a sore thumb. I am going ahead and saying that I have discussed this item with someone locally and I've emailed some pictures off to another person. Once I get a response from this individual I will know for sure what I wanna do with it. These pictures are the exact ones I emailed for observation. This thread is open to all opinions. I will not say anything unless I have to answer a question or something. I have an idea on the type and the material already. Only thing I ask is, what does this forum suggest it could be? The creek I found it is located about 8 miles south of Pilot Mtn, which is part of the Sauratown Mtn range. Also, it is about 5 miles north of a well advanced Woodland period village named Donnaha. Wake Forest University actually has certain areas posted there along the Yadkin River b/c of it's archaeological significance.

Attachments

• 0611131713a.jpg
    0611131713a.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 0611131713.jpg
    0611131713.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 0618132346a.jpg
    0618132346a.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 0618132346.jpg
    0618132346.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 0618132350a.jpg
    0618132350a.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
bmartin0693

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pics.

Attachments

• 0618132350.jpg
    0618132350.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 0618132356a.jpg
    0618132356a.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 106
  • 0618132356.jpg
    0618132356.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 0619130133.jpg
    0619130133.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Congrats!!! You have successfully taken multiple pictures of another natural rock. I imagine you're building an impressive collection of them by now. Maybe you should consider taking them to a show and displaying them. :notworthy:

Hippy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bmartin0693

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!! You have successfully taken multiple pictures of another natural rock. I imagine you're building an impressive collection of them by now. Maybe you should consider taking them to a show and displaying them. :notworthy:

Hippy

Oh yea, by the way, anyone who replies, please leave me a good explanation. I will probably show this thread to my family and friends, so leave a good impression of yourself as well. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hippy

Nice!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bmartin0693

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever moved this thread I will like to talk to personally! I do not get good responses from the Rock forum. I'm wanting to talk to the smartdelics on the Artifact forum. It's a rock yes but an expedient tool. Made of quartzite and shaped like a hand axe (it even fits in my hand). People don't called me "Bigfoot" for fun and games. I am wanting people to see the general shape and make observations. This is the rudiest place I know! My daddy said "that some of yall who think you know everything will definitely know something where they'll be down were the rocks are already!" it's called openening your mind and I don't see a friendly atmosphere here, but out of a handful of people! I will never speak to this place again b/c the Holy Spirit indeed makes such things and yall are showing your true colors. I thank everyone who responded with a good impression with the Lord in mind. Bless you!

Upvote 0

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry there, but the rock you show is just a natural rock and does not at all show any signs of being a man-made artifact and that's a fact. It is I suppose possible that it may have once been used to throw at a skunk or something but it is not a tool made by early peoples.

Upvote 0

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took a good close look and tried to use my imagination but I'm sorry, just looks like a natural old rock to me. ...Rick...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bmartin0693

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you are familiar with an expedient tool you would know it's impractical. It's a NC used, aged and weathered hand axe made of meta-sandstone that don't weather like flint or rhyolite. This forum always opposes the expert's advice I speak to. I just want to test this place. I'm keeping it just b/c I have never seen a piece of quartz like this in my 20 years of field experience. It's completely worn out beyond recognition, the only shape visible is the pear shape. The Lord tests this forum to see what kind of believers are here and he knows it's the worldly things. Stop looking at it as if artifacts were in a paradise always. People had to make do with such things in nature here. I think this just shows how country really is. Life is more than gold!

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This had to be moved by a Moderator or a Site Administrator so I would be careful calling them out if you wish to stay. If you were on the site I moderate you would be gone already. You are what we call a Troll. You post crap that you isn't an artifact and then try to illicit responses so you can argue with people. Hell, even the people here on Rock and Gem forum know it's not an artifact. I have seen plenty of these in my 50 years of collecting experience and they are called ROCKS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG..this is becoming hilarious.
Are we speaking to a child here?
Or someone with special needs?
Praise the Lord he made rocks!

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Heavens. You posted this, asked for opinions and were given opinions by several people. Then you drag God into it and that reminded me of a woman I used to know who used to "wish people dead" if they didn't agree with her. You can call your find anything you wish to call it, but c'mon, lighten up and keep looking...

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever moved this thread I will like to talk to personally! I do not get good responses from the Rock forum. I'm wanting to talk to the smartdelics on the Artifact forum. It's a rock yes but an expedient tool. Made of quartzite and shaped like a hand axe (it even fits in my hand). People don't called me "Bigfoot" for fun and games. I am wanting people to see the general shape and make observations. This is the rudiest place I know! My daddy said "that some of yall who think you know everything will definitely know something where they'll be down were the rocks are already!" it's called openening your mind and I don't see a friendly atmosphere here, but out of a handful of people! I will never speak to this place again b/c the Holy Spirit indeed makes such things and yall are showing your true colors. I thank everyone who responded with a good impression with the Lord in mind. Bless you!

Thank you!!! It's about time you moved on.

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comes to show the deception on an opinionated forum. The word will be spread.

You don't have access to any explosives or large amounts of fertilizer do you.
Rattlesnakes I can deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread