Last weeks silver trifecta!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I moved this winter, all the way to northern Wisconsin. The winter has been very long but finally got a warm spell last week and thought I might try the hundred acre park thats across the stree from my house. From the research I have done the park is over one hundred years old, so I had high hopes. I started hunting in what looked like a popular area and instantly got a nice deep penny signal, the problem was the ground was frozen pretty hard still but I managed to chip through and was rewarded with a nice 1900 indianhead. Was'nt long and I got another nice signal and was singing the sweet silver song, another adventure in ice chipping and pulled a nice 1923 merc. Now I am pretty jazzed, and not much longer and the silver flute is tooting! this time for a 1905 that i hit with my digger while dislodging it from its icy grave "OUCH!" good thing it was'nt a key date! I know am thinking I might be able to nail a silver trifecta and hope I can find a silver rosie to complete it. I decided to forget my frozen hands and toes and continue to swing for a few more minutes, I slowly start working my way back to my house when I get a serious screamer! The depth meter on my explorer is telling me I should be able to see this coin laying on the surface? I almost decide not to dig as the signal was so strong and shallow I think it might be a beer can or the like, but the pinpointer says its a small object so I start the ice chiseling routine. About 3/4 of an inch down I pull out a frozen chunk with gleaming silver sticking out! Man what a surprise! The best part is when I break the frozen clump I see a lady seated on a nice little dime:D Trifecta the hard way! Hope everyone else is having good luck as now its snowed on us again and looks like 2 more weeks of this white stuff >:(

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Jacks  Coin  Pictures.jpg
    Jacks Coin Pictures.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 642
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, Jack! Good luck on the rest of the park...we have high expectations for you! :)

HH

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
great pics!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack my friend, you are a pioneer, congrats on your finds.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread