nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I found at the park today 10" junk

After spending nearly 20 minutes digging a plug this wire came out. No" I,m not frustrated. I'm actually excited because now I am convinced my CZ3D will find those deep targets, and this wire was a low solid sound 10". My whites XLT has long done paid for itself. I'm now working on my CZ3D to pay for itself. I will be back at that same park Saturday. I have never found any silver or old copper in any park in the 11 years of M.D'ing. Hopefully this machine will come through and find my first silver in the park. I personally think all of these different machines on the market will go deep, it's all in the user. I got real spoiled on my XLT and only used the CZ off and on. Each time I would take it out I would give up and use the XLT well now I'm getting serious with it. I have owned the CZ for 4 years it's now time to see what she can really do. The downfall on this it does give a good sound on rusty nails,wire,ect.. Where the xlt breaks it up. It's all good though. I just love the hobby and the lost history.
Thanks,
Nova

Attachments

• junk.jpg
    junk.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This is what I found at the park today 10" down

That is frustrating,but what what you going to do. Iron also, gives off good signals,sometimes,especially when the ground is moist. At least your machine goes deep.Some iron is good,old farm implements,axes,relics,etc.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Re: This is what I found at the park today 10" down

CZs are great, they'll get the goods, but you dig some long iron junk @#$%& nails! Two things helped me. First, learning the double beep... both ends of the nail (or long iron) will beep. It should pinpoint in only one spot if it's good (generally, stuff on edge will double beep sometimes too). Lastly, the SunRay Probe was the best investment I made for my CZ, as it made it super easy to find the iron in the side of the hole (as it is almost always in the side of the hole, as you only pinpointed one end of it.)

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Re: This is what I found at the park today 10" junk

WOW. its hard to think of someone dedicated to detecting for over a decade that has not found any old coins.or a single silver.and yet u talk of finding enuf to pay for an expensive detector.so u must have found a ton of clad. i must admit the parks near me are pretty dry but i still manage a few older or silver each year. I WOULD TRY SOME OTHER LOCATIONS. just trying to be helpful.but remember, if ur gifted at finding clad do it

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This is what I found at the park today 10" junk

scrounger said:
WOW. its hard to think of someone dedicated to detecting for over a decade that has not found any old coins.or a single silver.and yet u talk of finding enuf to pay for an expensive detector.so u must have found a ton of clad. i must admit the parks near me are pretty dry but i still manage a few older or silver each year. I WOULD TRY SOME OTHER LOCATIONS. just trying to be helpful.but remember, if ur gifted at finding clad do

Let me reiterate that! I have found plenty of silver coins, and rare tokens. This all came out of Dug up yards,construction sites etc..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread