Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this past storm was one of the weirdest I have seen. Some beaches looked almost untouched, while other looked as if a bomb had gone off. But the cuts into the dunes are still NOT back to what they were after the 2004 hurricane season. While everyone was descending on the Spanish wreck beaches like ants to sugar, I went to the local tourist beaches hoping to find some jewelry.
First up was this heavy 925 silver ring. Still shinny, it must have been up in the dunes then fell down during the erosion.....

DSCN3049aa.JPG

Next up was this silver ring. It has a little gold plating around the stone......

DSCN3048aa.JPG

Next up we have this 14K gold fish charm. Found about midway up from the surf........

DSCN3047aa.JPG

Then I got this beauty. 14k gold with a .650 carat diamond in and older setting. This ring was hard to photograph. The diamond is one the best I have ever found and kept blinding the camera. It really has fire in it. Although it has a tiny inclusion in it, it is still a real blazer............

DSCN3036aa.JPG

Next up we have this strange combo. Seems someone was worried about losing the jewelry. So they took off the gold ring and attached their earrings to it. The ring is gold, but the earrings are silver with fake stones........

DSCN3051aa.JPG

Must have been very sentimental to someone. There is an inscription inside in old script writing. Almost impossible to read. Someone's "name" to Someone’s "name" ...........
Mar 25, 1844 !!!!!!

In checking with hotels near the area of its recovery, I have had no luck of anyone reporting it lost. I really would like to get this one back to it's family.

I found a lot of coins and junk scattered everywhere. Here's a one picture of a few days finds thrown in back of my vehicle......

DSCN3057aa.JPG

Totals for week.
57 Quarters
65 Dimes
32 Nickels
Lots and lots of pennies.

I did manage a few older coins. 1946 Quarter, 1945 Dime and a 1938 Buffalo nickel.

DSCN3054aa.JPG

Also this little silver buckle. But is not very old.......

DSCN3050aa.JPG

Then while I was checking out my junk pile, I noticed this little guy.........

DSCN3058aa.JPG

1 lone Spanish reale coin. Badly worn and super thin. But you can see the cross. It was hard to take a picture of so you could see better detail. This is how they "wash up" out of the surf.

Well till next time, Happy Hunting and "Keep on Beep'n"

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: sorry bomber has more :thumbsup:than me cool finds

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mitch... let me know if you would like to sell that ring with the red stone in it. I dress up as a pirate for parties and would love to buy it from you to wear with the costume if it is big enough and the price is reasonable. Email me at [email protected] ... thanks. Phips

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Wow Mitcch that an attractive haul Love the Older Diamond ring. I Never get tired of seeing one of those in the scoop. Congrats :thumbsup:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Mitch.

I hope to run into you again soon.

Good luck on your next hunts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread