You would have thought so too

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Back to the beach today. I had to get a new pc board for my detector - the other was just not picking up anything that was covered by the least bit of dirt or sand. This seems to be doing much better on my second try in less than a week.

I thought I was really doing great when within the first 20 minutes I got the ring. I stuck it in my pocket so fast because I couldn't see it that clearly anyway and didn't want to waste any time in case it was my lucky day. When I got in the car and had my son look it over - it turned out to be just made out of some kind of metal. Looking at it, most people would have thought it was a good one as it is pretty - but it was fun to find a ring at all.

I save the better bottle caps for a friend who makes earrings out of them - so that is why I have so few in the photo.

Today I found .88 in clad, a seahorse kid's sand mold, and a little car.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 442
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i agree take a look at the ring again real close, its just to unique. Its in really good shape, maybe it was 20-30's costume and someone recently lost it on the beach. It looks similar to some of the stuff my grandma had.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
That ring looks like it could be gold without a mark. I would not rule it out just yet. Congrats on a pretty little ring!

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be a custom made ring.I have 4 gold rings (yellow) an 3 White that are gold tested +.But no markings on the inside.I would get it checked out........................Cotton :tongue3:

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
This is what I thought when I first saw it - with fast beating heart - but altho' the outside looks really nice - the back and inside have places where the gold has scratched off to show a grey metal inside. It really is the neatest design tho'. Thanks for all the encouragement - plus, if I do find one that looks like gold, I certainly will remember that it does not necessarily have to be marked.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ring is a ring, it counts in the total for the year :thumbsup:

It looks like you had a nice time and that's what counts.

I know the grin and the hidding of the ring look too. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread