Latest Cold Weather finds from Cleveland, OH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
It’s been a little cold here in Cleveland the last couple weeks. We had a couple days here and there where it’s been not too bad(30ish). We have been fortunate that those days have come on the weekends.

Last weekend Nate and I took the long ride with Danimal to the old campground. Managed to find a couple silver, a 1904 Indian head and some wheat pennies. I was happy considering the place has been hunted fairly well. Our first plan was to go up on the hill where we hear they went drinking – the less obvious spot that might still be virgin. We quickly bailed out on that plan as the targets were far and few between. So we did the obvious spots and the fringes of the obvious spots and got some keepers there.

Yesterday, Nate and I headed out to the ‘Berg. It had been in the twenties the few days prior to Saturday so some spots were frozen up to about an inch. Places that had adequate leaf cover required no chiseling but the other spots required a little force to break through. Overall we had a decent day. Lots of wheat pennies and a few silver. It was funny because I told Nate that it reminded me of fishing – coming home with 129 wheat pennies after being out in the cold and wind for 6 hours, I really didn’t feel like cleaning the coins. So I waited until today. Upon cleaning I was happy to find a 1909 VDB. Not really a key date but still a fun find.

For those following the Iceberg story I separated the finds from this trip and posted the picture in the Iceberg thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,52388.400.html

Bob

Attachments

• Max400.jpg
    Max400.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 679
  • Totals Jan 27 2007c.jpg
    Totals Jan 27 2007c.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 675
  • Totals Jan 27 2007 silver800.jpg
    Totals Jan 27 2007 silver800.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 1909 and such close up800.jpg
    1909 and such close up800.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0
D

doyboy

Way to go, bud! You and your son make a great team! How are you liking the new Explorer?

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Sorry I didn't get out with you guys, but like I said Spencer had to attend a baseball camp and didn't get out until after noon. We then went out sledding (ohh my aching back!) and it was a blast.

I really like this set of pictures Bob. The lighting looks natural this time not the halogen. The wicker background is nice detail.

I'm free this whole coming weekend and am undecided where to hunt. I am leaning towards the Camp, but the Berg is only half the drive.

Decisions decisions...

Anyways, great hunt!

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Thanks all for the compliments.

Max is not too good at digging. But I prefer to keep it that way. ;)

Explorer is working out fine. Good overall machine. I do miss the Quattro though.

Dan - I took my little bamboo tray outside for a couple of those pictures. Hence the nice natural look. ;D

Billy - I'm actually in North Olmsted. Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob....thirty's ain't good. :-X BRRRR! But your finds are always good! ;D

Ya'll did good!! Congrats!

Nana :)

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Very good digs for this time of year in Cleveland. I had an aunt and uncle living in Cleveland for a while. One year their car was buried in a pile of snow and frozen to the side of the house. For the hole winter. Happy hunting while it lasts.
Bob

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Nice dig's guy's!!

Looks like you and Nate did OK.

I love those worn Merc's, They just appeal to me.

Did that silver come from the wheatfield?

ZoSo71

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
ZoSo71 said:
Nice dig's guy's!!

Looks like you and Nate did OK.

I love those worn Merc's, They just appeal to me.

Did that silver come from the wheatfield?

ZoSo71

Yes Dave. Nate and I worked the area where I found the Indian Heads last time. It was funny cause we were working toward one another and came to a tree stump. Nate dug on the one side and got a couple wheats and I dug on the other and got a couple silver. :) Nate was still happy as he has not had a lot of silver success in that wheat field yet came home with two for the day.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread