Latest CW finds...and my first silver!

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been quite a while since my last post but I have had plenty of hunts in between. I was pretty busy with work and family, especially around the holidays as most of us are. 2011 was my first year of relic hunting. I was introduced by sekypaleo, whom I'm sure some of you know. My first hunt was July 7, 2011 and I ended up with 69 minie balls this year and I am pretty happy with that. Towards the end of the year I began making better finds including an 1857 half dime, 1885 Indian Head penny and a pewter canteen spout. The half dime is in decent condition, there is a little chip on the left side and the penny is in fair condition, I would say. Needless to say I am excited about all my finds and I look forward to more hunting in 2012!! Happy Hunting to all T'Netters and Happy New Year!

I apologize for my photography skills. I was tyring to make sure the year was visible. I was having a lot of trouble with lighting...

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• bb 082.JPG
    bb 082.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 537
  • bb 078.JPG
    bb 078.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 575
  • bb 066.JPG
    bb 066.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 582
  • bb 077.JPG
    bb 077.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 620
  • bb 075.JPG
    bb 075.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 644
  • BB 042.jpg
    BB 042.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 638
  • BB 003.jpg
    BB 003.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 644
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you are way past the Rookie stage Craig. One thing for sure-If there's a carved bullet there, you will dig it. Good luck to you and Bill in 2012 and maybe we can all get together and hunt sometime. Congrats on a great first year, Quindy.

OP
OP
C

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
I think you are way past the Rookie stage Craig. One thing for sure-If there's a carved bullet there, you will dig it. Good luck to you and Bill in 2012 and maybe we can all get together and hunt sometime. Congrats on a great first year, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy... I sure hope 2012 will be a great year. I'm looking forward to it for sure. And yes, I thouroghly enjoy digging those carved bullet's! Getting together and hunting would be great. I hope we can work something out.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For your first 6 months of relic hunting in todays age...well, you have done darn good. 69 bullets, 2 tompions, a couple of oustanding carved bullets....you've done very well...heck your very first coin is a seated half dime! :headbang: I dont think I did that well in my first year of hunting. Just imagine what 2012 may hold. We are going to do some trips south and hopefully a Relic Rescue this spring...man, I'm fired up right now! Congrats on a great year, and I'll see ya in the morning! :coffee2:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great recoveries there. :hello2: Way to go on your first silver. Nice one too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your finds. I wish I could have found that many relics my first year. Looks like you and Bill are going to have an awesome 2012.

OP
OP
C

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
treasurehound said:
Congrats on your finds. I wish I could have found that many relics my first year. Looks like you and Bill are going to have an awesome 2012.

Thanks Treasurehound... I sure hope you're right on 2012!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds I would take that any day! Good luck this year you never know what in that next hole!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome first silver. I remember mine was a mercury dime! Got me beat!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love finding a Seated Silver, Congrats to you on your first and hope there is much more to come this New Year.

Bill

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds, and congrats on the silver!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread