Strange Backyard Find

KILLER Tn

Jan 23, 2009
I grabbed my detector today and was looking on the back side of our 16 acre lot , when I noticed this orange "thing" on the ground . I walked over and saw this parachute/balloon with a long string attached to it , and a box on the other end . It was a weather balloon released from Little Rock Ark. , which is about 200 miles from here, from north west Tn. where I live . It was released by the National Weather Service on december 7, 2011. It must have just landed here overnight , the wind was blowing pretty hard when I woke up today . I walked on further back to a field behind my house and found a few old farm relics where an old house use to be

Attachments

• 101_1407.JPG
    101_1407.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool. :icon_thumleft:
I found one when I was a kid. They sure have changed. The one I found had a compartment with a mailing bag to send it back but maybe they are disposable now.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool! I watched one of those land right across the street from me one day several years ago

Civil War Nut

Nov 28, 2011
Northwest Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's V3 & White's V3i with all coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KILLER Tn said:
I grabbed my detector today and was looking on the back side of our 16 acre lot , when I noticed this orange "thing" on the ground . I walked over and saw this parachute/balloon with a long string attached to it , and a box on the other end . It was a weather balloon released from Little Rock Ark. , which is about 200 miles from here, from north west Tn. where I live . It was released by the National Weather Service on december 7, 2011. It must have just landed here overnight , the wind was blowing pretty hard when I woke up today . I walked on further back to a field behind my house and found a few old farm relics where an old house use to be
Hidy you old goat . Ant no telling what you will find these days . At least you got something to hunt with . Looks like all I got is junk . And a hold lot of money out of my pocket to Whites for nothing . I had two good M.Ds. until they sent me a coil that messed up both of them .

Attachments

• 007Confederate Capt. S. P. Reed.jpg
    007Confederate Capt. S. P. Reed.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 465
  • 008Confederate Capt S.P. Reed.jpg
    008Confederate Capt S.P. Reed.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 457
  • 009Confederate Capt. S. P. Reed.jpg
    009Confederate Capt. S. P. Reed.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 458

Civil War Nut

Nov 28, 2011
Northwest Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's V3 & White's V3i with all coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KILLER Tn said:
And I have no ideal how these pix. got on this post . I tried to put them on another but it wouldnt work , then they showed up on yours . O-well ant the first I messed up .

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tombstones, weather baloons & Finds...strangest thread I ever read!

Razr

Oct 4, 2008
Oregon Dunes
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Whites TDI,T2 SE, Tesoro Cortez.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i FOUND ONE BACK IN 1950 ATTACHED TO A BIG METAL BOX ON THE SCHOOL YARD. i TURNED IT IN TO THE CUSTODIAN AND HE TOLD ME WHAT IT WAS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread