Latest overused word ---> ACTUALLY

P

pippinwhitepaws

adverb

In truth: fairly, genuinely, indeed, positively, really, truly, truthfully, verily. Idioms: for fair. See real/imaginary, true/false.
In point of fact: indeed, really. See real/imaginary, true/false.
At this moment: currently, now. Idioms: evenjustrightnow. See time.

better to use this word, then turning to someone who has just said something completely ignorant and responding with terminology that is often used in biker bars.

B

BIG61AL

I used the form "actual" in regards to "alledge" quite often in warehouse records. Does that count as over usage?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually - I am VERY guilty of this overused word.

A friend of ours started using it, and darned if I didn't pick it up - without realizing it. (it's kind of like working somewhere where people swear alot - one day, you are just talking normally, and a swear word you would never say before - just pops out).

I hate when that happens! :wink:

B

P

pippinwhitepaws

hey ms o..i was just attempting to justify my over use of the word...

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, No
we do ....we don't - whatever.... :D

at the end of the day ...

:icon_cyclops_ani: Time doesn't finish at the end of the day

2 comments from me,
Cheers,
Mike

T

trish76642

I can live with all the others.... Its the "WHY" i can live without. I should start charging my kids a guarter every time they use that word. Guarantee you i could go on vacation at the end of the year!

:violent1:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, Trish - kids NEED to ask 'WHY' - of course, sometimes they drive us nuts, and we don't know the answer to "why", so our kids would probably like a quarter every time we say "because I said so, that's why".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

For awhile - everyone was mimicking Saddam Hussein - it was the "MOTHER" of everything - drove me nuts - the mother of all cars, the mother of all storms, the mother of all peanuts, etc., etc., etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread