spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a little something everyone could use in their daily life. I'd like to dissect the laugh and its primary two usages. First we'll start with its usages

1- To laugh with someone - This signals acceptance and positive interactions with others
2- To laugh at someone - Usually meant as a form of ridicule
3- Internal laugh - This is an inward feeling of joy or humor (laughing on the inside).

Although the laugh is an end result of something we perceive to be funny, we all have various degrees of releasing them

1- What I call the smirk laugh - mouth pursed in a smile and a little hee, ha, hmm escapes
2- The giggle - This is those short little bursts over a quick period, very low in volume
3- The chuckle - Moderate bursts of the above for a slightly longer period, moderate volume
4- Full laugh - Full and uncontrolled release, volume set 5-7 may be on the fringe of breath loss.
5- Belly laugh - The king daddy of all the laughs, volume set at 10 plus for a long period, usually followed by loss of breath and dizziness. This can really make your sides ache to and is the most dangerous of all the laughs.

Note: Please note that laughter is contagious and if you are prone to little outbursts, you must stay clear of the belly laugh.

Now, what I am most curious about is have you ever had, or delivered a Belly laugh to someone and what was the result?

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've laughed so hard for so long I thought I would've hurt something (both when normal and...uh...abnormal).

The worst and best laugh is when you just can't stop. When I was a kid and was at a friend's house at the table we would start laughing and couldn't stop. He would be sent to his room and I would be sitting there laughing uncontrollably with his parents on each side...uncomfortable, but nothing I could do about it.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I laugh in most situations to begin with, but some of the best laughs were in a movie theater.

1-I had a belly laugh during the movie "Foul Play" with Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn. The scene was were he was under the bed getting crushed and his hand appears with his finger indicating to go faster. Seconds later his finger passes out. I just lost it

2- Had a great case of the giggle that I also passed along to my girlfriend during the movie "The Talented Mr Ripely" a great crime drama. There was a scene that took place in a jazz club. I just heard the music and starting a giggle. My girlfriend asked what was wrong, I told her I had "happy feet" and I was just shuffling my feet around in mock dance. She also broke out in the giggles.

3- The last movie "The Crossing Guard" was a pure drama, nothing funny in it until I thought it would just be inappropriate to laugh. Once the thought was in my head it was too late, I was holding in a laugh and bouncing around like crazy. My girlfriend asked what was so funny, I couldn't say a word and now she is doing the same. Only this time it spread to the people behind, on the side and in front of us. A muffled laugh for some reason is even more contagious than one out loud. There were several of us now laughing during a dramatic scene.

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
Having two teenage daughters is a recipe for for heartburn, it also brings a healthy portion of laughter.
Just the other day we were in a restaurant and they got to giggling and then laughing uncontrollably. My youngest had just taken a drink and when I told her "don't you spit that out" it was too much. She leaned over and ..... well let's just say it was a good thing my wife was done with her plate and had gone to the restroom. My wife returned just moments later and the look on her face was priceless.
What is the point without laughter? ? ? Life is to short to live without it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread