Lawmakers Take on Knockout Game

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NH...you have to understand how this works. It's like the way Cris Mathews of MSNBC twists things around to make them more incredible. Yesterday he broadcasted a replay of Cruz stating he was glad to be out of DC and back in America (because he was back in Texas). Mathews twisted his comment around by stating that it wasn't the way to bring America together by stating the East coast wasn't part of America. He didn't say East coast Cris, he said DC but East coast will possibly upset more sheep than just saying DC huh? That's how they work!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
jeff in pa:

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
You claim "...we're dealing with young blacks on white crime." Without sufficient data to support that contention.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
It even has a cool catchy name "Polar bear hunting".. could you please explain to the class why it might be called that ? What color are polar bears again ? You're an intelligent guy. Why do you pretend not to be when it suits your argument ? As to all your other responses should I reply to each one individually and maybe even throw in a random "wow" out of the blue for no apparent reason ? Is that a good way to quickly get a high post count without actually contributing anything useful to the conversation ? I'm trying to learn... I think I'll go with option "B" and simply ignore the stuff that looks like it's being posted just to create drama and keep the argument going.. Have a good day.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel accidents happen, But usually not in pairs so oddds are he'd make it home.
Unless he told me he couldn't in which case I'd drive him/her or find them a driver.
again not my job description to Be Nark, judge, Jury, or executioner
So, I assume you feel the same about armed robbery, assault, rape, etc. Just not your problem...let somebody else deal with it?
Jim

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I assume you feel the same about armed robbery, assault, rape, etc. Just not your problem...let somebody else deal with it?
Jim

Jim, there is a big difference between someone who may or may not have had too many drinks and a violent crime that has already been committed.

I even have good friends who have been stopped for drinking and police allowed them to go home with out charging them.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol...someone is high on posting numbers...too funny.

there is no factual basis outside of rightwingnuthatesites that calls this anything but what it is....aberration among urban dwellers...nothing new.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unclebuck257:

Faux News tried to very tired "Why hasn't Al Sharpton denounced..." BS and he called them on it. So far, it does not appear Faux has bothered to acknowledge that.

One more time - people are assaulted every day. It should not happen. It's wrong. We all agree on that.

You claim "...we're dealing with young blacks on white crime." Without sufficient data to support that contention.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OH CONTRARE my friend!! LOL!

On Fox News their is a show called, "The Five" and I have personally heard them myself, at least 6 times, say that it was to Sharpton's credit to have said something against these "knockout games".

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol...someone is high on posting numbers...too funny.

there is no factual basis outside of rightwingnuthatesites that calls this anything but what it is....aberration among urban dwellers...nothing new.

No basis....Right.

I guess that is why states are looking at new laws to address it.

Oklahoma has just joined New York at introducing new laws increasing the penalties for unprovoked attacks.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Unclebuck257:

You are correct. On The Five:

"
GUILFOYLE: Well, he stopped short of calling for marches like he's done during the Trayvon Martin case. But did he go far enough?

The fact he brought it up, was that sufficient? Or should he have done something further or maybe sooner, Bob?"

Yah it technically said it but in her mind it was too little late. How gracious. Particularly considering all the dumb things they've said over the years.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
No basis....Right.

I guess that is why states are looking at new laws to address it.

Oklahoma has just joined New York at introducing new laws increasing the penalties for unprovoked attacks.

A few perpetrators have even been charged with committing a hate crime but let's not let the truth clutter up a good story. It's just an odd coincidence that nearly all of the attackers have been young Black males and nearly all the victims have been White.. Nothing to see here... No don't look over there under that rug either... Call me old fashioned but I don't see how spending a bunch of energy lying about something in the interest of being "PC" is going to actually solve the problem. Kind of like strip searching grandma at the airport while leaving the mid 20s middle Eastern males alone... Some of you guys need a reality check. Some of the most "book smart" people I've known haven't got the common sense of a bag of rocks..

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

I can't agree with you on that one.

If a drunk driver hit my car and I did nothing about it, and that driver went on to hit or kill someone else or her- or himself, I'd blame myself for not doing something about it.

I've called the highway patrol when a car in front of me was weaving all over the road. And I sincerely hope others would do the same thing.

Driving while drunk is assault with a deadly weapon. I'll do everything I can to keep it from happening.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
NHBandit:

You assert "It's just an odd coincidence that nearly all of the attackers have been young Black males and nearly all the victims have been White."

Nobody has proven that is the case.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow here too....

But, just deny it exists, until a loved one one is hurt. It's easy to be "detached", and to ignore and deny...

Maybe, just maybe, it won't be someone you care about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread