Lead Toy Cache!

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, My wife and I were up dog sitting at my daughter and son in laws house in Pine Grove. Was detecting around the 100 year old house and finding some wheats and small brass whats its, but nothing super exciting. They have a Huge old white oak tree right next to the house with a small amount of dirt area around it because of walks and never tried the area because I thought too many roots to deal with. Decided to give it a try at the end of the day and got a strong copper/ dime signal next to the base of the tree. Out pops this beautiful lead horse and soldier pulling what looks like a ammunition cart and a cannon. got another signal close to that and found a lead soldier. Then another horse and carts a little bent and then another soldier. Then half of a Arabic looking soldier and a woman that looked like Mary in the Bible. Then a small lead flag and nothing else. My wife witnessed me pulling out each one from the window of the house and giving me the thumbs up! One more signal on the opposite side of the tree and pulled out this lead World War 1 tank that I thought was a plate that was attached to something. It has two iron pins sticking out of the plane side, so not sure. Best time Ive had in a long while detecting. Thank you God:icon_thumleft: Paul:coffee2:

Attachments

• 1005192136.jpg
    1005192136.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 1005192136a.jpg
    1005192136a.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 1005192158.jpg
    1005192158.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 28

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Glad you didn't have to battle with the roots too much. Congrats on the cool finds.:thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really cool, I love stuff like that good find, Thanks for sharing.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some really nice WW1 era toys.
I can imagine some little tyke playing in among the roots with their toy army.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats I do like lead toys much...haven't found any recently......

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! In the 70's I had tons of the small scale plastic Napoleonic soldiers, cavalry and cannons. There was a big pile of fine gravel that my father used to fix our driveway holes.
I built tunnels and all sorts of ramparts and settings with it. One day my sister got mad at me and went out with a shovel and buried them all scattered throughout the pile and strewn all around. Never did find but a handful of them.

This was one of the traumatic scenes of my childhood. Maybe something like that happened here. Somebody got mad and threw the kids stuff out where he couldn't find it or know to look. Poor kid. No child of those days would be so careless to lose so much of his collection.

To make it worse the pile is still there and I can't dig mine up even today because they were plastic. There will be no closure.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome finds.Congratulations

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats what you call the good ole days, toys like that were had to come by back then great find

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you stumbled upon an ancient battle ground! Congrats! Cool stuff! I've only found one toy soldier and although he's beat up it's one of my favorite finds!

OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Thank you everyone for the likes and comments! Sorry about the pics with my flip phone. My daughter and son in law have the toys now and hopefully will do somthing nice with them. Paul:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread