Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leanne Boyd is no longer with us, daughter of Glen Carson

I wanted to let everyone know that Leanne Boyd, daughter of author Glen Carson, passed away last February. I was a friend of hers on Face Book, but did not realize what had happened until today. She and her Dad wrote many treasure books and compilations of the tales we all love so much. They had many books published, but I own A Guide to Treasure In Colorado. I will miss Leanne, and her Dad, who passed away only a couple of years ago. She was struggling to keep everything going he had worked so hard to achieve in the treasure hunting world. I hope her family continues pursuing that goal, and I send them my belated sincerest condolences.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glen Carson was the............. paul-harvey.jpg .............of Treasure Hunting.....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The truly great people are slipping away, it's sad. I love their books and have many.
I still have a hand written credit slip, from Mr. Carson, which I value more than gold!

Our thoughts and prayers to their family and friends. God bless.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She often wrote me how difficult it was to step into her Father's house after he passed away, and try to figure out all the unfinished mysteries and treasures he was researching. I can only imagine.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I,m betting that's her and her dad on the cover she drew for THing A Modern Search For Adventure. Good hunting to them both! Condolences to all till catch up time.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I remember reading Glen's story about what really happened at Victoria Peak. He knew how to dig for the facts. Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread