pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a construction site today where two homes were torn down. A few people have been hitting it for about a month now.

1426447978862.jpg

I found the good luck piece in the front yard, not sure why a target like that was still there. I got the 4 wheat backs in the back yard. It is super trashy and the guys that have been hitting it tell me they haven't found anything back there in the trash. The Deus fast program was a dream.

1426448197297.jpg

Ended with a few goodies but no silver. :( still waiting on the silver.

Upvote 1

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep up the good work. Im really leaning towards trying the DEUS. What size coil are you using in the hi-trash area?
I say go back to that spot, hammer it hard, and you will find the silver. Keep us posted, and follow up when you do.
NOW!!!

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was "talked" into the 11". I was going to go with the 9" but many people have said that they preferred the 11" and target separation is not really much more than the 9". Swinging through the trash I could make out the coin signals fairly well and isolate them. I also didn't tire with this machine like my SE Pro. For hitting construction sites this is an awesome machine. I haven't hit any silver coins with it yet but I have found 2 silver rings with it in the last couple of weeks since receiving it.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice keep trying that silver will come best of luck with you new machine...

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That Deus is an amazing machine! I saw it in action when a friend and I were relic hunting. Very sharp and very fast machine. You have the gear now find them spots to hunt .

Good luck

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was "talked" into the 11". I was going to go with the 9" but many people have said that they preferred the 11" and target separation is not really much more than the 9". Swinging through the trash I could make out the coin signals fairly well and isolate them.
I myself have been trying to decide 9" or 11" coil. Most of the areas I hunt are trashy or super trashy, and I was thinking about the 9" coil for better target separation and pinpointing.
But I hate to get the 9" and wish I had gotten the 11". It wouldn't be such an issue, but an additional coil would cost about $500.
Since I still don't have the money to buy the detector, the idea of buying an additional coil is hard to swallow right now.
Keep us informed on how your transition to the new machine goes.. and good luck..

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, I customised that program & it kicks butt!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i was getting a deus for the first time again i would get the 9inch, I have both and the 11 is a little bit deeper, but does not pick through as well as the 9"coil. .
Just my opinion. .
George

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i was getting a deus for the first time again i would get the 9inch, I have both and the 11 is a little bit deeper, but does not pick through as well as the 9"coil. .
Just my opinion. .
George
Friends of mine did a depth test between the 9" and the 11" there was no difference, you get better ground coverage with the 11", but if your hunting trashy areas, it's the 9" you need.

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friends of mine did a depth test between the 9" and the 11" there was no difference, you get better ground coverage with the 11", but if your hunting trashy areas, it's the 9" you need.

SS

Interesting because on 12 Khz I'm getting much better depth on the 11 than the 9.(on my settings)

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thought of "trashy" is subjective for sure. The reactivity settings are easy to adjust. I had it set at 3 the first pass through the trash and then changed it to 4. Second past picked up a couple more modern coins, so it does help. I wasn't even set to max reactivity yet.

I could tell that the area had been used as a burn area at one time so yes I consider that trashy. I know my SE PRO would have had a rough time. I have been on sites so trashy that my last machine could never give me a threshold time nevermind getting a positive target.

I am used to getting good depth with my machines. This is actually the first machine that I didn't get the smallest stock coil possible. So far I don't regret it.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thought of "trashy" is subjective for sure. The reactivity settings are easy to adjust. I had it set at 3 the first pass through the trash and then changed it to 4. Second past picked up a couple more modern coins, so it does help. I wasn't even set to max reactivity yet.

I could tell that the area had been used as a burn area at one time so yes I consider that trashy. I know my SE PRO would have had a rough time. I have been on sites so trashy that my last machine could never give me a threshold time nevermind getting a positive target.

I am used to getting good depth with my machines. This is actually the first machine that I didn't get the smallest stock coil possible. So far I don't regret it.
When you up the reactivity, you lose depth, I never go above three.

SS

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller coils are often easier to navigate through rough surfaces that I hunt in occasion. If another site opens up this year like the one we hunted last year I will get the 9".

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually waiting to see if an even smaller coil comes out. :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but you wouldn't use that frequency on a trashy site.

SS

Best option, is to have both, but I know that this is expensive for most. If you can only afford one, I would suggest the 11, because it can act like a 9 in trashy areas (with programming), not quite in the same way but enough to be worth it for the added depth in cleaner areas.

OP
OP
pennyfarmer

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt comfortable going to 4 because they have taken around 4 inches of the top. The loss of depth was not a concern. Nothing was going to be deeper than around 4 inches.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best option, is to have both, but I know that this is expensive for most. If you can only afford one, I would suggest the 11, because it can act like a 9 in trashy areas (with programming), not quite in the same way but enough to be worth it for the added depth in cleaner areas.
You have to remember using a larger coil in trash, will pick more targets up, and make it harder to read...hence the smaller coil, it's always been the way.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread