learning the tejon

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had to mail some packages today so i left town to go to the post office as i do not like the one here and pulled off at a park.the guys who take care of it were there and i asked if i could detect it,no problem they said and even gave me a better one to check out sometime,well the tejon loves dimes sound off better then quarters,the broken chain looks like gold and is heavy but didnt really sound off that well even when i laid it on the ground to hear it. is there away to make it sound better?the little silver earing sounded better even.a police officer was watching me for awhile think he had to call in to see if i was breaking the law but i guess i was not as he left but little did i no i had to go see them anyway because i had got hungry and went to mcds and found a nice phone in the parking lot,it was locked and could not get into it to see whos it was someone called it and i could hear them but they couldnt hear me,i heard ,im going to call the cops and have them track it,i thought man someone thinks im stealing thier phone.so i just took it to them,not a bad day though and any tips from anyone with a tejon would be great thank you 002.JPG

Upvote 2

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet and you got pointed to another place to detect.No help with Tejon though sorry.

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP,they said there was an old house there told me where it was and said i should be able to see a stone wall.cant wait

L

l2hunt

from what i heard/learned chains will usually emit erratic signals especially if they are strung out sometimes. HH

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think it was strung out and about 2inch down.it sounded kinda good at first but got worse after i tried to find it,got it and just laid it down and then it would hardly pick it up,thanks 12hunt.im pretty sure its gold too no flakes comming off and sure has that gold color too it

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went to thay park today that they told me about,wasnt there long as i hit it after alittle arrowhead hunting.found the key some clad and i dont know what 009.JPG

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome key! Ya I think gold chains read erratic on most detectors unless its all metal like a PI. My detector reads gold as foil, so I have a lot of digging to do if I want the gold! Lol! I like surprises anyhow!

OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea gold is king but i want some silver coins,but ill take anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread