Thanksgivings break CW relic finds + 2 surprises!

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a couple of days of relic hunting over the Turkey Day break. Hunted an east Tenn. site that I have been hammering for over 3 years. It was a Union campsite that was attacked and overrun by Rebels. The finds have been few and far between there lately, and all DEEP, but my Teknetics G2 with Ultimate coil has been sniffing them out. Tried a spot I have always shyed away from before due to it being close to the landowners home, but was rewarded with a small untouched area. Most surprising was a post CW eagle button (broke my heart when I cleaned her up at home...99% gilted..darned "chicken eagle"), but alas is Indian Wars era...still cool. Also my first big silver in many years (not really a coin hunter)...1917 Walker. Thanks for looking! HH'ing ya'll!

Attachments

• turkeydayfinds.jpg
    turkeydayfinds.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 180
  • turkey day minie.jpg
    turkey day minie.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 145
  • turkey day walker.jpg
    turkey day walker.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 5

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on being persistent and squeezing out more relics. Some great recoveries there. Are those two pieces of lead to the right carved bullets? :icon_scratch:
Sweet large silver too! :thumbsup:
-MM-

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice recoveries! It's always satisfying to find additional treasures at a well hammered site. (And I wish I could have been an archeologist also, but that ship has long since sailed and has probably sunk)

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got in a couple of days of relic hunting over the Turkey Day break. Hunted an east Tenn. site that I have been hammering for over 3 years. It was a Union campsite that was attacked and overrun by Rebels. The finds have been few and far between there lately, and all DEEP, but my Teknetics G2 with Ultimate coil has been sniffing them out. Tried a spot I have always shyed away from before due to it being close to the landowners home, but was rewarded with a small untouched area. Most surprising was a post CW eagle button (broke my heart when I cleaned her up at home...99% gilted..darned "chicken eagle"), but alas is Indian Wars era...still cool. Also my first big silver in many years (not really a coin hunter)...1917 Walker. Thanks for looking! HH'ing ya'll!

Awesome! What's the round thing at the very top left corner. I found one the other day and I'm stumped!

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Doug, The one is carved, the other is partially melted.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! What's the round thing at the very top left corner. I found one the other day and I'm stumped!

I am stumped also, I believe it to be a part to a large pocket watch or clock. Maybe somebody more knowledgible than me can chime in. My mom actually ID'ed the oil lamp wick adjuster!

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am stumped also, I believe it to be a part to a large pocket watch or clock. Maybe somebody more knowledgible than me can chime in. My mom actually ID'ed the oil lamp wick adjuster!

Darn! I was hoping you knew! I took mine to a guy that owns a Civil War shop in town and he was stumped too. He said he has seen a few of them but doesn't know. Here is mine....

Attachments

• image-2973543647.jpg
    image-2973543647.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 109

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

We have also found quite a few oil lamp items that we were able to identify (finally). By the way- GO MOM! Lol

Attachments

• image-975204764.jpg
    image-975204764.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 118

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Great finds! Maybe the unidentified piece is part of an oil lamp where the wick sticks out? I'm guessing.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome! Great finds! Maybe the unidentified piece is part of an oil lamp where the wick sticks out? I'm guessing.
Your guess is good as mine. Remember, I was trying to get YOU to tell ME what it was. Haha! Are you pretty new at hunting?

sarawisman

Feb 25, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nevermind- you said you've been at one site for 3 years. I wS just asking because I'm pretty new at it and I don't know what to keep or toss somedays. My house is over run with dig finds!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some nice relics Bill!!! Many of the brass whatzits turn out to be lamp parts. Congrats on the silver too. HH, Q.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice relics Bill!!! Many of the brass whatzits turn out to be lamp parts. Congrats on the silver too. HH, Q.
Thanks Quindy! Hope you are doing good and digging handfuls of relics

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most excellent finds. that button is fantastic

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score ! Please educate me on your disappointment upon realizing the button was Indian Wars not Civil War ,
That is one of the nicest eagle buttons I've ever seen dug up !

Last edited:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Looks like you got some great relics. I love that big silver.
Dman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread