leased ball park

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
went to a local ballpark today....dug 2 targets, 36 merc, and a 18 wheat ..deep in center field...got another good signal...opened a hole..all were about 10 inches..and from another field across a fence. a couple guys yell "you got to leave"...said , "your diggin holes and it creates tripping hazards...i said..hey , i have dug 2 holes and come check um out...their completely filled! they said, we lease this property from the city for the american little league, and im the director...you gotta leave...that makes this private property so your tresspassing...they had a game going on across the fence in another field at the time...i said, this is city property and there isnt an ordinance saying i cant detect...they said you gotta go now...told them ill leave in 5 minutes...i wanted to at least get my target out of the hole...i started to use my x-1 probe to get my target and they said...we see you probeing...you gotta leave....so i just covered up the hole...and said...you guys have a great day and left...went across the street to the rest of the city park and hunted about 30 minutes more and left....whats the deal on this...anybody know for sure?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's unfortunate. At least you can hunt your city parks. Around here, the city parks have signs posted prohibiting metal detecting. As far as the county parks go, I haven't seen any signs but on their website it says you can't dig or remove any artifact or property from the premises. Congrats on the merc, I've been detecting for over 7 years now and haven't dug one of those as of yet.

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
im hopeing new port richy isnt hillsborough county...cause we do have a few parks that we hunt here! county and city! I hunted the ball park last week with a friend for about an hour and nothing was said...got a merc (1948) and a wheat then too..(1920)...about 10 feet from where the ones i dug this week! before long...there wont be any place to hunt...with the schools fenced, and the beaches being filled (replenished) and the signs going up in the parks ect....whew!

OP
OP
bigscrub

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
went back to the ballpark this morn with a friend who had been there before.....got another rosy..and no one said anything....didnt see anyone either...smile, big scrub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread