Leg four..... Mobile AL to Birchwood TN.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I left Mobile and motored to Birchwood on the 16th of May.
But before getting to TN, we took a short break to say hi to my buddy, Nitric (Jason).
With Jason and I is Mary. Beautiful smile, Mary!
Jason.JPG

And on to Birchwood. I did not get a pic of Steve, my cousin, and his wife Sue this time around. Sorry guys. If you refer back to my Chiccamauga (?) posts, you will see their pics.
PG Steve and I went to the "Trail of Tears" museum near his house. The trail goes right past his house (and goats!).
trail.JPG

The Trail of Tears was a sad episode of our nation's history. It is very interesting. Read up on it.
This is the couple that own the TofT museum. I will try to find their names in my notes. Sorry.
owners.JPG

Many indian artifacts are on display in and around the museum.
DSC00820.JPG DSC00821.JPG

The trail of Tears crossed the Tennessee River at Blyth's Ferry.
blyth.JPG blyth 2.JPG Leg five will follow soon. TTC

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two are moving right along. The weather looks outstanding I'd say.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was FANTASTIC! Other than a little warm, we did ok. On the return trip back to Tucson (I'm getting ahead of myself) We got up at 3:30 am and were on the road by 4 to keep the trailer heat down. We stopped each afternoon when the inside trailer temp reached 90. We (PeteyGirl) have three cats and no air while moving. Houston was underwater before we arrived and then again after we went through. We were fortunate. TTC

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great pics Terry! Sounds like a great trip!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It surly was! BTW, my narrative sounds like the house behind the Trail of Tears sign might be Steve's. It is not. Just the house that was behind that particular sign. TTC

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread.

It surly was! BTW, my narrative sounds like the house behind the Trail of Tears sign might be Steve's. It is not. Just the house that was behind that particular sign. TTC

I think Nitric / Steve is a cool dude , was /is Hot in the AL, GA, TN area on Mon , hope y'all missed the Storms in 'The Alley' on the way home & i'm enjoying your pictures , ..now Leg 1 and 2. :usflag:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was great meeting both of you in person. Talking with you guys, your the kind of people you feel like you've known for years!! Great people!!! Thanks again!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was great meeting both of you in person. Talking with you guys, your the kind of people you feel like you've known for years!! Great people!!! Thanks again!!!
PeteyGirl and I enjoyed the short visit with you and Mary, Jason. Tnx! I hope to do that again. Next time, we'll plan on a little more time. Say hi to Mary for us. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread