Legend of the Stone Maps

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
That treasure chest/spanish ship carving has been discussed at some length in here somewhere...can't locate it at the moment. Perhaps someone can put you in the right spot in all these threads.
The chimney carvings and the treasure chest/ spanish ship carvings were discovered down here close to my neck of the woods...around Tumlinson's home growing up in south Texas.
Big time red flag on who created at least some of...or parts of the stone maps.

Last edited:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Tumlinson made another map, which I have yet to see mentioned here - or any other website. The picture of the map is in my previous post. That map is evidence that Mr. Tumlinson had a previous history in making "artwork" on stones.

There are at least a few stone carvings that Travis allegedly did while in Texas including the one you posted. They've been posted a few times and discussed at some length. Although I'm not allowed to post forum links here, do the following and you can quickly find all the discussions and photos posted back in the 2011 time frame.

1. Type in "Travis Tumlinson Stone Maps" in Google search
2. Click on "images"
3. Two of the first dozen images are of the "galleon" and "treasure chest" - if you click on one of them you can follow the link to a different forum where there are 2 or 3 different threads with photos posted and a discussion surrounding those carvings.

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RG1976,Have some :coffee2: Its always good to hear another opinion, It makes the conversation about a particular subject come to life.I just wanted to remark on travis tumlison, one
of the things that you have to figure out, is what really made him create the tablets?.and why?.and who was his partners in this?.and, what did they expect to accomplish ?. these are major
keys in this whole story,and where did they get their info for this project ?.and did travis receive all the info needed to create the tablets,? there is a genealogy to the tablets,and the info,and the way it was put together to include west boulder canyon,
theres a reason his partner or partners included familiar surroundinds as west boulder canyon,thank you,good luck .NP:cat:

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see what you see in those images. I actually see nothing but what looks like a great place to go hiking / picnic.

What "should" I be seeing there.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's simple really.

You'll been looking in the wrong mountain range so nothing on the stone maps fits anywhere. Those maps fit perfectly in southern, AZ.
A few of them are missing which makes them seem fake but they are 100% real in every sense of the way.
You can Video tape all you want the validity of those maps can be argued both ways. It looks like we're being hornswaggeled by people that want the masses to stop searching using those maps, at least in the Superstition's which I don't search myself very often. Typical Dutch Hunter tricks nothing new there. This may just cancel the Legends show before next season guess it wasn't coming back anyway.
But too the people that know more about the Stone Maps this won't prove a thing.
Great Stone Map buzz Killer though good call for a debunker kill the show, show.
Can't wait for someone else too debunk the debunker it always gets interesting.:icon_thumright:

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
There are at least a few stone carvings that Travis allegedly did while in Texas including the one you posted. They've been posted a few times and discussed at some length. Although I'm not allowed to post forum links here, do the following and you can quickly find all the discussions and photos posted back in the 2011 time frame.

1. Type in "Travis Tumlinson Stone Maps" in Google search
2. Click on "images"
3. Two of the first dozen images are of the "galleon" and "treasure chest" - if you click on one of them you can follow the link to a different forum where there are 2 or 3 different threads with photos posted and a discussion surrounding those carvings.

This turned up a lot of great information - Thank you Paul!!:icon_thumright:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RG1976,Have some :coffee2: Its always good to hear another opinion, It makes the conversation about a particular subject come to life.I just wanted to remark on travis tumlison, one
of the things that you have to figure out, is what really made him create the tablets?.and why?.and who was his partners in this?.and, what did they expect to accomplish ?. these are major
keys in this whole story,and where did they get their info for this project ?.and did travis receive all the info needed to create the tablets,? there is a genealogy to the tablets,and the info,and the way it was put together to include west boulder canyon,
theres a reason his partner or partners included familiar surroundinds as west boulder canyon,thank you,good luck .NP:cat:
Have some :coffee2::dontknow:Are there any takers on this discussion:dontknow:.NP:cat:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Ryan and NP,

Despite claims to the contrary, Travis was trying to sell the stones. At least, that's what I was told by a reliable source who was around during that time.

Ryan,

I have been told that my map can be confusing. That is why I also sent you a blank copy of the topographic of the area. It's easier to trace the maps on a clean topo.

Good luck,

Joe

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, At first don't think so because of what was going on with his partners, later on I heard he was trying to have one of the Mexican cowboys sell them, later it's said he was trying sell them, thanks.np:cat:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe, At first don't think so because of what was going on with his partners, later on I heard he was trying to have one of the Mexican cowboys sell them, later it's said he was trying sell them, thanks.np:cat:

NP,

The man who told me about this said his father was involved or knew of the offer of sale. I trust his word.

Good luck,

Joe

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, I am agreeing with you, I just heard more of the story about what travis tried doing with them.np:cat:

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Ryan,

I have been told that my map can be confusing. That is why I also sent you a blank copy of the topographic of the area. It's easier to trace the maps on a clean topo.

Good luck,

Joe

Thanks!! I will let you know!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis Elmo Tumlinson:

" Various family members of Travis E Tumlinson have stated that Travis carved the Peralta Horse and Witch Stone along with the Peralta Trail Maps."

Which Family members said this? I see no providence.

Do they have proof or just family gossip?

They don't know for sure!

Travis is said to have carved the Treasure Chest Stone which in no way looks like the Witch Stone Map. The comparisons don't match. His attempt at carving a stone was not that great and he may have had an affinity for carved maps so this leads me to believe he purchased them somewhere from the finder of the stones but not out right forgery like many are suggesting on the web.

There is no real way to conclude they were a forgery unless Travis was alive to day and admitted he bought them from the discoverer and nothing more.:laughing7:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I am not asking you to name the person in this story but I have to say that every time I read something attributed to an "unnamed" source, posted by any member, something inside my head screams out BS. If someone can not share their source, it may simply be better not to mention anything at all.

Quoting an unnamed source and expecting anything but skepticism in return is IMO, about as detached from reality as it gets.
hal...maybe he doesnt care if you believe him......he put the facts as he knows them on the board.......if we dont believe him its up to us to research it out....

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not asking you to name the person in this story but I have to say that every time I read something attributed to an "unnamed" source, posted by any member, something inside my head screams out BS. If someone can not share their source, it may simply be better not to mention anything at all.

Quoting an unnamed source and expecting anything but skepticism in return is IMO, about as detached from reality as it gets.
Have some:coffee2:You mean like the LDM story,or the peralta stone tablets,how far away from reality are you really wanting to go with your conversations.:dontknow:NP:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post was directed towards anyone quoting an unnamed source. It's kind of difficult to research phantoms and the things they do and say if they remain unknown. IMO, it's BS & not worth posting if one can't stand by and share their source.

Actually, in my experience, unnamed sources have almost always turned out to have had some type of inherent vulnerability. No one is beyond question, certainly not when dealing with Dutchman history and "facts".

Wait, aren't you the guy who poopooed research and reading for a walk in the wilderness? ; )

Dutchman History, yes. Facts, NO.np:cat:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
My post was directed towards anyone quoting an unnamed source. It's kind of difficult to research phantoms and the things they do and say if they remain unknown. IMO, it's BS & not worth posting if one can't stand by and share their source.

Actually, in my experience, unnamed sources have almost always turned out to have had some type of inherent vulnerability. No one is beyond question, certainly not when dealing with Dutchman history and "facts".

Wait, aren't you the guy who poopooed research and reading for a walk in the wilderness? ; )

what i mean by research is get off your lazy rear and get out in the field and talk to someone that can give you the facts...you arent going to get the straight facts behind your computer.....i cant believe the nerve of some of you guys..begging someone to give up the name of their source....nobody is just going to post all their secrets online...its a different story if you came to their house..got to know them and then ask for info....you might have a chance then....i've never learned anything off the forums..i have gotten some leads that after checking out turned out to be good info...and i've gotten some bad leads that led nowhere after checking out...but i checked them out..the point is...its up to you to check them...if you keep pissing people off they will quit posting info...

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Dave,

Thanks.

There are some folks out there who believe every word I say or write is BS. Most of my friends know that I have developed some very knowledgeable sources. I don't mind quoting them, but won't always ask their permission to name them. If I don't do that, it won't happen.

Thanks again,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread