Legend of the Stone Maps

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Of two "announcements" I've quoted previously, the one about a Catholic Church/Jesuit connection to all of this, and that the "Church" is now involved in the review of Tumlinson Family materials, held in secrecy "since Travis' passing". That RG is "exited" to be able to tell us this, suggests a greater interest in Travis and his maps than we have been led to believe by others.

I would firmly keep in mind that this is coming from the same source that paints Travis Tumlinson as "being one of the most successful treasure hunters.....and treasure locators....in the world" when we know damn well that he never solved the mystery of the Stone Maps because he did not have the vital link between the beginning and the end of the trail.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
I would firmly keep in mind that this is coming from the same source that paints Travis Tumlinson as "being one of the most successful treasure hunters.....and treasure locators....in the world" when we know damn well that he never solved the mystery of the Stone Maps because he did not have the vital link between the beginning and the end of the trail.

deducer,

Wouldn't it be great if Frank could give us his opinion on this exciting new news?

Good post,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do. And I'm scratching my head about these claims as well.
We all read RG's posting of the last page of Travis' Manuscript.....his lament at NOT finding his Peralta Treasure Room.
We were also told that the family had continued on....in the Superstitions....after Travis' passing.
However, as we have all witnessed, things DO change, and "movie deals" become a real possibility.
Stories of failure, no matter how truthful they are and well written, do not sell. So Travis' manuscript has become a false narrative we are told.....or at least that part has.
And Travis is now being billed as you have quoted.

So I understand where you are coming from.

Regards:Wayne

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I do. And I'm scratching my head about these claims as well.
We all read RG's posting of the last page of Travis' Manuscript.....his lament at NOT finding his Peralta Treasure Room.
We were also told that the family had continued on....in the Superstitions....after Travis' passing.
However, as we have all witnessed, things DO change, and "movie deals" become a real possibility.
Stories of failure, no matter how truthful they are and well written, do not sell. So Travis' manuscript has become a false narrative we are told.....or at least that part has.
And Travis is now being billed as you have quoted.

So I understand where you are coming from.

Regards:Wayne

Looks like this project was approached with the same reckless impatience and disregard for preparation or research that went into the bat cave odyssey.

So as things stand, as much as I really hope for there to be an educated objectivity in regard to this forthcoming project, I am not holding my breath. If, however, it turns out to be a frank and full disclosure of the Tumlinson story, including the unvarnished truth about how he really located those stones, I will be first in line to apologize and recant.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this project was approached with the same reckless impatience and disregard for preparation or research that went into the bat cave odyssey.

So as things stand, as much as I really hope for there to be an educated objectivity in regard to this forthcoming project, I am not holding my breath. If, however, it turns out to be a frank and full disclosure of the Tumlinson story, including the unvarnished truth about how he really located those stones, I will be first in line to apologize and recant.

You know yourself, that with so many entities involved....RG, Frank and various Tumlinson family members, a TV production company and now the Jesuit order/Church on board, there is bound to be conflicts. With each pulling the blanket their own way, the jumper might be missed entirely.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You know yourself, that with so many entities involved....RG, Frank and various Tumlinson family members, a TV production company and now the Jesuit order/Church on board, there is bound to be conflicts. With each pulling the blanked their own way, the jumper might be missed entirely.

"Forget all that talk about Travis failing to find the Big Kahuna. He really did find it, you know, but dammit, legal restrictions and agreements with THE CHURCH prevent us from revealing anything more at this time. Maybe later "

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pegleg's maps only, please.

We were recently told to forget the stones...to focus on the "ground map" instead.
Shortly thereafter, we were also informed said "ground map" is NOT a Pegleg map.....in other words, not one of the maps from Pegleg's collection.
We have also been told that the museum stones have many details found also on the ground map, but Travis never touched the museum stones.
A tangled mess for sure, but it's the "ground map" I think, that may have some of the answers we have all sought.
That's the one for me.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

Like the present title of the TV show is Peralta....... , that describes how the ground map could be a Peralta research map . Peralta , like many others , were chasing the treasure from the Superstitions .
Maybe the map shows some markings and symbols that they found in their research and nothing more . If they had found the treasure , by now not any Church or Order would give info or would be interested to help in this research .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne

Like the present title of the TV show is Peralta....... , that describes how the ground map could be a Peralta research map . Peralta , like many others , were chasing the treasure from the Superstitions .
Maybe the map shows some markings and symbols that they found in their research and nothing more . If they had found the treasure , by now not any Church or Order would give info or would be interested to help in this research .

Marius:

The Jesuits and the church role in all of this might be geared more towards debunking or censoring any attempts to classify a treasure as anything they were responsible for hiding in the mountains or foothills of the Superstitions. It would be naive to anticipate any admission of collusion contrary to published history IMO.
While it's possible that the Peralta's or other Mexican treasure hunters may indeed have searched the mountains, looking for rumored " Church Treasures", and finding gold and silver deposits while doing so, I seriously doubt they had anything to do with what these maps themselves represent.
I have recently come to the conclusion that the ground map might very well be one which I have had a copy of for several years, with notes on the margin and possibly the name of the maker as well, although it's not the one that I am currently working with....a more recent acquisition.
If so, I doubt that Travis or any of the Tumlinsons following him down his trail could have found what they were looking for.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne, How do you know the ground map is not a star map? We may be searching for UFO's not gold! The Peralta Star Ship "Peligroza" comes to mind.
I believe when it all comes out we'll be stuck with the same old Travis crap we have now. "The Flying Dutchman" as with the Bird of Paradise, both, fly up your nose. And may your wife be plagued with runners in her hose......

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
hope this isnt to far off track, sgtfda/frank, have you came across the name
Telesfore Nicholas BOURGEOIS AKA: "Tom" Bourgeois.or has anyone else
wonder if the Tumlinsons ever met him
did a screen shot,sometimes the links change and hard to find info again

found him when i was looking for french/Frances males here
https://home.nps.gov/applications/tuma/search.cfm

Telesfore Nicholas BOURGEOIS
BOURGEOIS, TELESPHORE N.
Date of Birth: 02/08/1870...Date of Death: 01/25/1949
Place of Death: Phoenix, Arizona
He was known as "Tom" Bourgeois. He lived on the Monument at Tumacácori
before a custodian was appointed and acted as a caretaker. He was heavilly
involved in mining and treasure hunting schemes.
https://home.nps.gov/applications/tuma/Detail.cfm?Personal_ID=23476

Screenshot 2016-10-16 at 11.59.40 PM.png

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
hope this isnt to far off track, sgtfda/frank, have you came across the name
Telesfore Nicholas BOURGEOIS AKA: "Tom" Bourgeois.or has anyone else
wonder if the Tumlinsons ever met him
did a screen shot,sometimes the links change and hard to find info again

found him when i was looking for french/Frances males here
https://home.nps.gov/applications/tuma/search.cfm

Telesfore Nicholas BOURGEOIS
BOURGEOIS, TELESPHORE N.
Date of Birth: 02/08/1870...Date of Death: 01/25/1949
Place of Death: Phoenix, Arizona
He was known as "Tom" Bourgeois. He lived on the Monument at Tumacácori
before a custodian was appointed and acted as a caretaker. He was heavilly
involved in mining and treasure hunting schemes.
https://home.nps.gov/applications/tuma/Detail.cfm?Personal_ID=23476

View attachment 1371283

No have not

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
some more info the album that the relative put up is interesting
maybe someone close will look into the NPS papers and share
the info

Telesfore Nicholas Bourgeois
a relative put up an album of info
https://familysearch.org/photos/people/10445145
Telesfore death cert. dementia and heart probs
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FLJF-NMY

Telesfore living with his sister Mary M Russell
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VY4S-P49
his father living with the Russell family
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9VZ-THY
Arizona Deaths, 1870-1951
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1534450

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert USA has an update today on the Stone Map show. Talking about star charts.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert USA has an update today on the Stone Map show. Talking about star charts.

Yes , I have read it . One thing I can't understand . he said how the fundation of the story was tested ; verified , etc. , but they don't know yet where the stone maps lead and what they will find there .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread