Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word of the Day: Hypocrisy

hy·poc·ri·sy

/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity; sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, pietism, piousness; informal phoniness, fraud

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Not like you to write something like this without reason or an explanation. :dontknow:

Sorry Hal,

There have been some private messages and phone conversations that have passed between us, that have raised a red flag for me. I believe others have also had these same conversations with Ryan. I do wish him well, and no animosity exists for me.

Good luck,

Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Just returned from Alaska, and don't find much to respond to here. For those who think that Herbert E. Bollton's peers did not think all that much of him, I would recommend "Herbert E. Bolton......" by Russell Magnaghi. In addition to that,you might try, "HERBERT EUGENE BOLTON: The Historian and the Man......" by, John Francis Bannion. The list of Boltonians is more than impressive, as is the history of the man.

In reading the books about Bolton I believe you can learn more than any word or phrase searches on the Internet. If the Internet is all that is needed to become a giant in historical research, why would anyone still be purchasing books? It's obvious that any of the giants in historical research would use the Internet if they had it, just as they would use an automobile instead of horse and buggy. I doubt that means they would give up on books.......

Just one man's personal opinion.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Word of the Day: Hypocrisy

hy·poc·ri·sy

/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity; sanctimoniousness, sanctimony, pietism, piousness; informal phoniness, fraud

Old,
Hard to tell exactly who you had in mind when you wrote this but, either way I think that it was a little unfair. Assuming it was not me for a moment... Joe simply expressed an opinion based on his experience with that individual. Its an opinion repeated to me by three others on this site only, they shared their reasoning. Love him or not, I suspect that Joe is too much of a gentleman to write about his experience in detail and I am satisfied with his explanation. It was polite and insightful.

If you were addressing me well, I don't get it but, you are entitled to an opinion.

Old, my advice, for what its worth, is to be careful about taking sides. It may not be today, next week or, even next month but eventually you are going to see a side of that person that will leave you feeling disillusioned if not entirely used.
Honestly, I hope that I am wrong.

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal,

Who says I'm referring to you or Joe? In fact, I'm not.

For those posting to this forum that have a history of mis-information, either intentional or accidental, never acknowledged, never explained, never put right; well......the word of the day is entirely appropriate. In fact, its down right glaring. Nuff said.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal,

Who says I'm referring to you or Joe? In fact, I'm not.

For those posting to this forum that have a history of mis-information, either intentional or accidental, never acknowledged, never explained, never put right; well......the word of the day is entirely appropriate. In fact, its down right glaring. Nuff said.

Good to hear. It was an assumption based on your post following my question to Joe.
See what happens when we ass-u-me? Sorry Old!

Not sure that hypocrisy is the best word for what you are describing in red thou.
Hassayampa-ing is a good word.
And more than a few here have mastered the art.
Its a strange part of human nature.
Which is why we must fact check everything we are told.
I do it to myself constantly despite mother's warnings of going blind.:icon_jokercolor:

View attachment 1210129

Take your pick and laugh a little.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White square. Eye catcher and vault symbol. Look for Skulls or light sky. This is where you read the map at 2:00pm. Photograph it. You will never be able to see it or read it otherwise. It takes years of training to see the solar lunar writing with the naked eye embedded in the stone! I would have never made any discoveries had it not been for my camera, timing, and pure luck! Look for a standing shield as if a Knight just left it leaned against a boulder while he slept. On that shield will be a flat symbol of an Elephant.
Thanks for that info. Bill, This site is like that,its very hard to catch the lighting just right for the carvings to show up in photos. ill have to keep my eye out for that sheild. Thanks

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
markmar,
That shirt means something altogether different in Apache Junction. :flag_red:

About the link you provided. What an amazing thing to read for the first time. Thank you for that!

I have been trying to follow them into the ranged based on the information in the letters. Traveling south from the Salt, via La Barge to Weavers, why would his father pass the Needle only to turn east and then north again? There are more direct routes to reach the area NE of Weavers.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal

You wrote

I have been trying to follow them into the ranged based on the information in the letters. Traveling south from the Salt, via La Barge to Weavers, why would his father pass the Needle only to turn east and then north again? There are more direct routes to reach the area NE of Weavers.

Direct routes ? Yes . But not trails to reach the mine with a horse or mule . His father followed the route to enter in " Deering's trail " .

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Another point concerning Bolton.......Kino's personal accounts were found and translated by Bolton. He did the same thing with other documents, as did many others. When we do Internet searches the information we get is actually from those researchers. Without those researchers getting there first, we would not have anything to look up on the Internet. Sure, someone would have eventually gotten around to it.....maybe, but they did. That holds true for all of the early Jesuits.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that info. Bill, This site is like that,its very hard to catch the lighting just right for the carvings to show up in photos. ill have to keep my eye out for that sheild. Thanks

Now just think about it Dog.

Put it together.

Almost ALL of the stone monuments and other photo's I have posted on here came from one small area so you see it contains loads of this stuff that's the verification of the site and the beauty of the Infinity system! If it doesn't have all of the above somewhere in it's mountain it's not a larger Treasure Site per-say...... I'm not saying all of the others are just nothing they're smaller sites that we all study........ I'm just saying the big ones have this much activity and were heavy with symbols and numerous signs.

One of which is the Death Trap Symbols or Skulls. Another might be like the Heart shaped rock I found one time with RIP scratched in it right above the death trapped pile of rock tailings!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking all the fearmongering by the KGC and their Land Grabbing organizations run by their castles have put a few too many legends out there for us to sift through,

Some still say that Tumlinson was a fake......and that he faked us out with the creation of the stones......in the 50's

but it seems more like he was the descendant of Peg Leg Tumlinson who was known to carry the associations he made with the KGC with him, and passed them onto his family.

The Cross stones seem to be from an older era, and are clearly the originals used by the Spanish. The next affair we see?

The creation of a set of stones to craft additional meanings and derived locations that were used in the KGC operation there.

They were building the reservoir there, and were obviously able to move in the mining equipment without anyone noticing their side operations in the hills surrounding these lakes.

But what is certain is that NONE of the other legends surrounding the troves hold fact against these timelines.

It is more obvious we are being misled by zealotry inspired by the tales of endless gold veins and other attempts to show something is related to this or that.

Not enough fact in the claims that others have made concerning Tumlinsons discoveries to just say he was trying to raise money...

He held onto the stones for years searching himself before passing them onto others.

They were eventually sold and replicated into clay versions, the facts that were the confusion that was the center around the theory of it being fraudulent, and were inspired originally here in discussion, leading others to have broken off into a tangents of extreme speculation

Nothing to go on other than a who's who of valley history.......

Interesting though....not true but a good branch to pursue

THE1

Aug 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stone maps do exist

And another fact that is not legend . Following Travis footprints and reading all the material which he have left behind , nobody never will be able to decrypt the maps and to find the " heart "

And sometimes I am wondering , we are here to find who carved the stone maps , or to find where is the " heart " ?
Where did go the treasure hunting spirit ?

hi i dont reply much howeverethis subject is a situation i have knowledge of i have come across stone maps a frog a snake a priest an eagle and an axe blade lookin map with A snake at one end and a turtle at the other. Also i have seen a perfectly carved heart but i left it where it was howver ikt was thinly carved and perfect

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i dont reply much howeverethis subject is a situation i have knowledge of i have come across stone maps a frog a snake a priest an eagle and an axe blade lookin map with A snake at one end and a turtle at the other. Also i have seen a perfectly carved heart but i left it where it was howver ikt was thinly carved and perfect

Hi THE1

Have you pictures of this map ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread