Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I want a digging tool that has a double sided serrated blade, one with forward angle teeth like a saw.
Maybe about 2"-2 1/4" wide blade and about 8"-8 1/2" long?
With a non-slip handle that's not effected by impact or elements, wet or dry.
Total weather proof without rust or corrosion and holds and edge with no worry of bending or breaking.
Light weight.
And a open bottom sheath that's also weather proof and rugged...

Guess I'll just have to make one!?:laughing7:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those pictures of bent and broke lesche diggers kind of blow my mind. I'm 6 foot 7 inches tall and weight 290 and have broke every digger I have used except the lesche.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own and use both the Garrett and the Lesche diggers and have never had a problem with either one of them.. The only thing I don't like about the Garrett Edge digger is that it has a sticker on it that said "Made In China"

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Well, I am going to let the cat out of the bag! I am using a digger I bought over 13 years ago. I got it from a nursery supply co. called A.M. Leonard.
it is made of Italian steel. I looked in there on line catalog. It is now made of Swiss stainless steel and sells for $18.99 . The leather sheath is $10.99.
It has a lifetime warranty. They have many others styles of diggers. I also have there all steel shovel with a D handle. am.leo.com
Frank...-
View attachment 1008595

Thanks for the info Frank. I just ordered one.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still learning this hobby, but I use a Lesche. Only other one I've used is a simple garden digger from Home Depot, cost about $8. That was when I was just starting out, but I could feel soon thereafter there were times it felt like it might bend, so I had to back off. Haven't felt that so far with the Lesche. In fact, it has felt at times like my hand would break before the Lesche would!

jringo

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Idiots on Diggers make MD'ers look like,well Idiots.Almost as bad as Fat Todd on Alaska Gold.

jerseyjack

Jul 25, 2009
I use a lesche. That Leonard digger looks like a nice tool, but it looks too much like a knife, I'd be afraid of a cop getting in my face about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread