Lesson #72,974 Learned

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat wasn't so bad today so I set out this morning to do some detecting at a park/soccer field near me. As you might imagine, the majority of the place is grass, so I avoided that and instead concentrated on the trails that run around the perimeter of the fields and eventually end up along a stream/ponds. I was thinking that the area surrounding is pretty old and along the stream might be as good a place as any. First ding and the ground is filled with little rocks mixed with clay-though not dry, hard as rock-give up #1 (probably just a soda can anyway....). Second ding, ground is solid clay and again hard as rock-give up #2 (probably another soda can....!) Walk aways, groundskeeper was cutting the grass and waved (that's cool). Get to the edge of the woods-a path between really high brush and the woods and see tons of dragon flies-very cool, followed me along the path to the water. During this time I am detecting here and there, not too seriously and nothing is happening, nothing-check detector-is it on? Yes, it is. Get to the path that leads to the water. Ding! Dig, dig-ugh, yup, you guessed it, a soda can (forget pull tabs, I find more soda cans than anything). Walk along the water, ding-hey a pull tab (at least it was a pretty green). Another ding further ahead-dig, dig, this time pretty big roots running through clay-give up #3. Decide to walk a bit into the woods. Ding! Dig, dig-really BIG roots-everywhere. Give up #4. Walk along further-on path, then in woods. Ding! Digging is easy. Hey a set of Toyota keys from 1990-weird place to find a set of keys.....

Anyway long story short, I found a few pull tabs, a soda can, a pencil, some foil, a few heavy duty chain links, a golf ball, a couple Corona caps, saw a couple of hawks and got in a few hours of exercise, so all cool.

Lesson learned though-as I have heard so many times from the experts on TN-RESEARCH and DIG EVERYTHING. Had I done better research, I would have discovered (as I did when I got home) that it appears that there was never any structures of any kind at this site! That is probably why I came away with nothing at all......!

PS I don't dig grass often or clay etc. cause I just don't have the strength in my hands and I somehow don't think they'd like it if I carried around a shovel at such a public place.

Upvote 1

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been there dug that gonna get a t-shirt lol

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT! Catobra.........Your an honest woman....that's why I like you ;)

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think at least you should have said you found a couple indians, and maybe a cob, makes the story so much more interesting! :gold-bracelet:

OP
OP
Catobra

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think at least you should have said you found a couple indians, and maybe a cob, makes the story so much more interesting! :gold-bracelet:

LOL

Ok, I dug up the car that went with the keys and drove it home......uh oh, maybe that was too far-fetched to be believable? : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread