270.2 KB · Views: 115

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just on looks it doesn't look that rich to me.

What do the assays say? What are you mining? Gold?

OP
OP
R

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just on looks it doesn't look that rich to me.

What do the assays say? What are you mining? Gold?

Haven't gotten an assay yet, just brought the material in from the mine. The pictures are not really great, they don't show all of the colors that are truly there. The veins in the mine show quartz mixed with the host rock which is sandstone and limestone and some areas have heavy iron staining while other areas do not. I am in northeast Nevada near Montello. My mine is in a valley which lies inbetween two old mines on opposite hills. Both of these produced a large amount of gold and silver among other metals in their day. They have since both become worked out pits. My mine has not been worked since about the 1920's, but surveyors came in about 1980 and were nice enough to mark several of the gold deposits in the mine. although they missed a few. I guess once the price dropped in the 80's they lost interest because it is a small mine and not worth their time. I am going to hand crush a little of this in a couple days and see what I get.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
C rush it!
pan it .. oo and weigh your samples to fine an approx ammount
per yard etc etc...

OP
OP
R

robert2b

Oct 28, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
C rush it!
pan it .. oo and weigh your samples to fine an approx ammount
per yard etc etc...

I crushed several small samples from the ore. The ore came from 5 different areas in the mine. I took a couple samples from each area. From the ten samples I found 2 that held free gold. One piece that weighed a couple of ounces had 4 pieces of gold that could be seen easily with the naked eye. This ore came from the face of the mine. My crusher that I am having built right now should be done in about a week or two. When I get that I can pulverize all of this and get a really good idea of where in the mine I will focus my energy.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
im seeing lead silver , witch ushually lead to gold and plat (ugg thats an experience..the process is a bugger ) but your best go at it is looking for the Iron with that calcite.. if your going for silver yield .. bust up more of the crystaline structure at the top of #2/3 pics.. either way it would all be toast in my garage..lol GL and may you find a river of GOLD!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread