May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the rough ploughed Roman Site. We are now sure we have plotted the total limits of the site & after 2 hours we gave up. It was only on the last run that I got a small Scrappy Roman Coin & a Gold Ring (Modern). We will return when its rolled flatter with the larger coils.
Tried a nearby field for an hour with only a Silver Plate dated 1900 (Hallmark London 1899).

Last picture was our final back-up field (Big Grass Field), spent 1/2 an hour & scooped 1 Scrappy.

The good times are over & its time to grit our teeth & pull a few average pieces until harvest time :'(

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 687
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 693
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 690
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's still better than frozen ground for 4 months!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:

True, we will slog on until we run out of land, even if it is poor pickings.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if it's limited you could still find that one right one!

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
crusader, curious what is the earliest time frame of the flat pressed four hole buttons you're always finding?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
crusader, curious what is the earliest time frame of the flat pressed four hole buttons you're always finding?

The honest answer is I don't know or care that much for them, they are junked after the photo. Only started keeping them this year to count our total button count. However, I'm guessing the earliest are 1880s, most are post 1900.

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER said:
johnnyi said:

The honest answer is I don't know or care that much for them, they are junked after the photo. Only started keeping them this year to count our total button count. However, I'm guessing the earliest are 1880s, most are post 1900.

I know some are older than that, as Confederate troops wore them in the 1860's. I'm just wondering, because I'm trying to date another site where a few have turned up, ones with the slightly irregular hole spacing like some of your's. When I discover the answer I'll try to remember to post it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyi said:
CRUSADER said:
johnnyi said:

I know some are older than that, as Confederate troops wore them in the 1860's. I'm just wondering, because I'm trying to date another site where a few have turned up, ones with the slightly irregular hole spacing like some of your's. When I discover the answer I'll try to remember to post it.

Pretty sure some styles go back to the 1700s.

I like how you call that G-ring modern! It only looks like a hundred years old or so. ::)
Now that I am in deep freeze mode, if I have to look at your posts any longer, I could end up dumping my savings on a plane ticket to go look for "Crusty" Romans and such. I would probably be happy with what you call junk!
Once again, Nice finds! :icon_thumright:
Dave.

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
johnnyi said:
CRUSADER said:
johnnyi said:

Thanks iron patch, that was my impression also based on where I've been finding them. I guess it will tell on the web somewhere.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
johnnyi said:
CRUSADER said:
johnnyi said:

You might be right, but I've never found any that made me think that old.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
I like how you call that G-ring modern! It only looks like a hundred years old or so. ::)
Now that I am in deep freeze mode, if I have to look at your posts any longer, I could end up dumping my savings on a plane ticket to go look for "Crusty" Romans and such. I would probably be happy with what you call junk!
Once again, Nice finds! :icon_thumright:
Dave.

I guess, 5 years ago, I would have siad this was a great day. We just have high expectations these days. I can't wait until the harvest, as we have some new sites we researched which might be some off our best sites ever!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I could probably get you on some pasture around here if you run out of land :D

What's that thing next to the silver :icon_scratch:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always find the interesting stuff even in hard times! I did a night hunt Thursday, only found some modern coins, late 1800s crusty zincs and a couple buttons. It is hard times here as well, LOL. HH, Mike

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
I could probably get you on some pasture around here if you run out of land :D

What's that thing next to the silver :icon_scratch:
modern handle to some kinda tool :dontknow:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi crusader, You still have a gold ring :o :o :o . Seeing its hard times can i rent your shovel boy shaun for the summer.Shaun can you swing a crow bar. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:

Thats no good and do you get cabin fever?

t.p

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Went back to the rough ploughed Roman Site. We are now sure we have plotted the total limits of the site & after 2 hours we gave up. It was only on the last run that I got a small Scrappy Roman Coin & a Gold Ring (Modern). We will return when its rolled flatter with the larger coils.
Tried a nearby field for an hour with only a Silver Plate dated 1900 (Hallmark London 1899).

Last picture was our final back-up field (Big Grass Field), spent 1/2 an hour & scooped 1 Scrappy.

The good times are over & its time to grit our teeth & pull a few average pieces until harvest time :'(
CRUSADER said:

Just started here CRU... C'm on over :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread