Pepperbox frame and other goodies!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to go out and hunt for 8 hrs. befoe I went to work for my 12 hr. night shift. I'm glad I did!

As I was driving up to the area I hunt I was looking at the vast region that I have been hunting on for many years. There was one open area that I have never swung a coil over so I decided to scout out that area. Well, about half way through the day I finally wandered onto a site and this was what I eyeballed about 10 feet away!
E-mailIMG_0736.jpg

Nice....a Pepperbox frame!
E-mailIMG_0737.jpg

Side view with some fancy engraving and a word I can't quite make out!
E-mailIMG_0752.jpg

Top of hammer
E-mailIMG_0753-1.jpg

Side of hammer
E-mailIMG_0754.jpg

Bottom of grip
E-mailIMG_0755.jpg

Other goodies! Note the round tag that says IRON WIRE No 12. Does anyone know what the round iron piece next to it is?
IMG_0757.jpg

I also found a brass butt plate for a .44 caliber Henry rifle SN# 13014 and my first gun tool!
E-mailIMG_0749.jpg

My hunts wouldn't be complete without some iron. I found my second ice creeper in two months, this one bigger than the one I found last month! I love that iron!
IMG_0758.jpg

Upon further investigation I have found that the Pepperbox is an English Bar Hammer Pepperbox Pistol! Here is a link to an 1850 English Bar Hammer that is so very close to mine, even the engraving! http://www.historicalarmsandarmor.com/firearms.html (scroll down to the 8th pic.)

Thanks for looking! Now I'm out the door to see if I can find the barrel to the Pepperbox!!

Ironman

Upvote 0

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, beautiful finds ironman! I've been dreaming about finding a pepperbox (actually a queen anne :D) and it's sure nice to see someone find one! Wonderful stuff! :icon_thumleft: :notworthy: :hello2:

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
:icon_thumright: WTG the dirt around there looks to be vey nice to relics you shure pulled out some really good buttons and the pepper box right on top. sweet!!!!!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some Sweet Iron! The gun tool you found is perhaps the finest dug example I have seen--Ever. You are blessed that your soil conditions are so good. Those are some Seriously Good finds. :hello2:

:hello2:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and that site never cease to amaze me!!I wish my barrel went to yours.....or maybe you will find the barrel today,if anyone can its you!!!! :thumbsup:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! I hope you find that barrel and good luck. HH, Mike

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Cracking finds Ironman :o I hope you find the rest of the Pepperbox :o the Barrel-Tap-Key is also a nice find :thumbsup:

SS

That's a nice hunt! I would have been real pumped to search after eyeballing something like that!
You have a great assortment of finds and I especially love all the gun related relics.
I hope you find the rest also!
Dave.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's about eight or ten pieces in those photos, any one of which would make my day to find. First-class relic haul you have there! Congrats on the pepperbox frame... I don't think a lot of people have found those.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
[bg=http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/coinsc.jpg]way to go on that awesome weapons find
that must be one sweet spot. how much research did you do to find that spot?

[/bg]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread