Lets hear about your NOKTA

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
Noktas donot have much of a reputation here in Australia and tend to be (rightly or wrongly) classified in the scam and LRLs catagory.
Maybe they work OK in Euro type ground mineralisation.

same in UK -in the scam category but=--- hey maybe they finally produced a worthwhile machine ,but i would want to see some hard proof before buying one as theres a lot of hype about
=

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same in UK -in the scam category but=--- hey maybe they finally produced a worthwhile machine ,but i would want to see some hard proof before buying one as theres a lot of hype about
=

We will just copy and paste our response to an earlier post: ''With all due respect, Nokta may not be well known (just yet) but I have to reject to the comment that our products are classified in the ''scam'' category''. Our new model FORS Gold and CoRe works very well and users are very happy with it so far. FORS has been tested by experts in the USA (Steve Herschbach, Ray Mills, Keith Southern etc etc.) with very good reviews as well as many people in the UK so your comment is definitely out of line.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
So far not much as I work most of the time. Eight keys. couple pennies, tabs. Need more time maybe in a better place. On the middle fork Cosumnes in gold country here in CA. Only 3 hrs total so when the weather warms up a bit I'll try to hit hard. Working in a higher than normal trashy area. I like the way it handles and sounds off when a target hits. Just have to determine good ones from bad. Need long handle for trowel shovel so don't have to kneel down all the time. Hard to push up all that dead weight.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the Fors CoRe works, I tested it and it not a scam. Several members have made posts on the Nokta Gold and they are very happy with it...

Several very experienced members have written reviews, all very good..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
We will just copy and paste our response to an earlier post: ''With all due respect, Nokta may not be well known (just yet) but I have to reject to the comment that our products are classified in the ''scam'' category''. Our new model FORS Gold and CoRe works very well and users are very happy with it so far. FORS has been tested by experts in the USA (Steve Herschbach, Ray Mills, Keith Southern etc etc.) with very good reviews as well as many people in the UK so your comment is definitely out of line.

ok i will eat my words till i see some more tests and good reports about nokta machines ,you are on the right track though so we will see what the future holds against the competition . good luck :hello2::hello2:

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keith just got another FORS CoRe - probably my fault. He is worse than me and I just got my fifth Fisher F75. We tend to get units and then ditch them then think of something else we wanted to check so get another one then let it go. I buy a lot of used machines and turn them over again for what I paid for them. Or maybe take a little hit but I do not mind investing a little to get answers to questions. I just got a clean F19 to compare to the two F75s (one pre-upgrade, one latest version) I have at the moment and the FORS Gold Nokta was kind enough to provide me with.

Ton of back and forth and note comparing going on - I love exploring the potential of new detectors and it is nice to be able to share information with like minded people. Anyway, the FORS is a serious product for my purposes. Other people, maybe not so much. Nothing makes everybody happy.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok i will eat my words till i see some more tests and good reports about nokta machines ,you are on the right track though so we will see what the future holds against the competition . good luck :hello2::hello2:

Thank you, we really appreciate it...

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use and like the Nokta FORS CoRe...a lot actually. Better depth and sensitivity than many VLFs. I even sold one to my girlfriends dad and I actually like my girlfriend (and her dad.) LOL

Last edited:

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I have a Fores Core but shortly after purchase the plastic retainer nut for the headphone jack broke and I have been unsuccessful in finding the right size to replace it. I have bought several and also sent 2 emails to Nokta to ask for the right size. No answer on either email and I won't take it out if I can't use the headphones. I'm not asking for a replacement but just an answer to my email for the correct size to replace it. Maybe if I post this here....they will reply...thanks for listening

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bingbong,

I must admit that originally, I thought that Nokta was a scam lrl'esque device. I have become settled in my ways by using only brands of detectors that have been around a long time, and are well established. I changed my mind after reading a review by Steve Herschbach. This man has as much experience with metal detecting (especially detector nugget hunting) as about anybody in the US. If he puts it in writing, I trust his opinion. He speaks quite highly of the Nokta FORS Gold. I was surprised. Surprised because an unknown could do as good (or better) than some of the well established detectors.

NOKTA,

For a detector company selling real devices in a part of the world that has a stunning number of scam devices being sold, you are doing well to put your detectors in the hands of as many experienced metal dectorists as possible. Every good review by an unbiased user will help not only sell your detectors, but drive an industry that feeds on innovation (and needs more competition). I think we need more legitimate detector companies in the world. Competition with the well known established detector companies pushes innovation and brings down prices. Minelab can charge $5000+ for a GPX5000 because no other company makes anything that works as well as it does. Keep it up. I don't coin shoot, but I prospect (nugget hunt), cache hunt, and occasionally beach hunt. I have detectors specific to each. I will say honestly that when I shop my next mid priced gold machine, the Nokta FORS Gold will be on my list (it won't only be Minelab, White's, Fisher, or Garrett).

Best of luck - Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Fores Core but shortly after purchase the plastic retainer nut for the headphone jack broke and I have been unsuccessful in finding the right size to replace it. I have bought several and also sent 2 emails to Nokta to ask for the right size. No answer on either email and I won't take it out if I can't use the headphones. I'm not asking for a replacement but just an answer to my email for the correct size to replace it. Maybe if I post this here....they will reply...thanks for listening

They are registered here, have you pm them,?

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunter.....I have not PM them and unsure how to. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you

Send a PM to Nokta Detectors, that is their user name on TreasureNet..

― James Madison

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seems like a very capable machine! Reading about their good service is a plus.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you treasure hunter....sent a PM off....thanks again.

Glad to help..

― James Madison

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, kind words, thank you.

I was set in my ways also. Nokta was totally not on my radar at all and I was surprised when I got an email about them. I was not paying any attention at all to the thread where it was suggested I be sent one to check out.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to have my eyes opened to other alternatives. I have been a little dismayed since that after reporting on detectors straight up for over 20 years some people questioned my motives just because I was sent a detector. I have to assume they are people who would sell their integrity for the price of a detector and who therefore think I would do the same. No, I may be easy but I ain't cheap!

The bottom line is my reviews are generally positive while pointing out issues I may have with a unit. The reason nobody sees me totally ripping many products is I am not interested in wasting my time using junk. I usually only use top flight equipment so not much chance it will get a horrible review. That being said, I tried to scare Nokta off by warning them it would not be pretty if the detector did not pass muster. That did not work - they had faith in their product.

My intent was never to say they are the greatest detectors on earth or anything. My goal was to determine to my own satisfaction if the company was making quality product and would stand behind it. Yes gregd573, they are going to take care of you! The detector is just a detector. What impressed me was the way the company representatives acted and responded. Frankly, I can spot scammers a mile away. These people are anything but - they are serious about having an impact on the market. That was my take away, and that is why I gave the product a thumbs up.

Like all detectors the FORS models are not going to replace all other detectors or any crazy talk like that. They are just good VLF detectors, not magic wands. I have said it before though and will say it again - they are good detectors well worth consideration. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will close with a teaser. If you still are not convinced you need to watch these folks carefully you will be soon.

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello...first of all thank you for using our product. My name is Dilek and I am the sales and marketing manager and I actually responded to you long time ago and below is the copy of the email sent. I don't know why you never got it but it does not matter. The most important thing is to solve your issue. You do not need to buy a new part. It is our responsibility to replace it since your unit is under warranty so please send an email to me at [email protected] along with the serial number of your device, the picture of the part you need replaced as well as your delivery address and we will send it out right away. Once again, thank you for using a Nokta product!

email.PNG

Last edited:

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bingbong,

I must admit that originally, I thought that Nokta was a scam lrl'esque device. I have become settled in my ways by using only brands of detectors that have been around a long time, and are well established. I changed my mind after reading a review by Steve Herschbach. This man has as much experience with metal detecting (especially detector nugget hunting) as about anybody in the US. If he puts it in writing, I trust his opinion. He speaks quite highly of the Nokta FORS Gold. I was surprised. Surprised because an unknown could do as good (or better) than some of the well established detectors.

NOKTA,

For a detector company selling real devices in a part of the world that has a stunning number of scam devices being sold, you are doing well to put your detectors in the hands of as many experienced metal dectorists as possible. Every good review by an unbiased user will help not only sell your detectors, but drive an industry that feeds on innovation (and needs more competition). I think we need more legitimate detector companies in the world. Competition with the well known established detector companies pushes innovation and brings down prices. Minelab can charge $5000+ for a GPX5000 because no other company makes anything that works as well as it does. Keep it up. I don't coin shoot, but I prospect (nugget hunt), cache hunt, and occasionally beach hunt. I have detectors specific to each. I will say honestly that when I shop my next mid priced gold machine, the Nokta FORS Gold will be on my list (it won't only be Minelab, White's, Fisher, or Garrett).

Best of luck - Mike

Hello..this is Dilek - Sales and Marketing Manager at Nokta. First of all, I personally wanted to thank you for the nice compliments. By responding to your post, I would like to address all those who do not know Nokta or have question marks in their minds about us. Nokta, compared to competition, is a relatively new company although we have been around for a while now. We do understand the reasons behind customers' hesitance and doubt as we are a newcomer for many people. We stumbled and fell and maybe made many mistakes in the past just like any other company who started in this industry but companies do evolve. It all depends on what their goal is. Our main goal is to increase our brand awareness and to increase the number of happy Nokta customers (as well as Makro as we are 1 company now) around the world. We have been working very hard to achieve this goal and where we are today makes us very proud. Today we can develop products that compete with or superceed brands which have been around for decades. This does not mean we will never make mistakes again or everything we do will be perfect. Maybe we cannot promise that but what we will promise is that we will stand behind our company and products and customer satisfaction will always be the priority for us. We are a very honest and open company. We are here to answer any questions regarding our company or products and support those who bought our products and who will. Thank you!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Thank you Dilek of Nokta detectors. I will get some pictures and information out soon. I have a few new hunting area's that I would like to try your machine out in. I also just received your makro waterproof pinpointer and will be glad for the weather to warm up just a bit to try it out also. Thank you again sir and I will get that information out to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread