bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's play Dowsing for Diamonds.

I have found garnets in this area. I am looking for diamonds, rubies, sapphires or even peridot and diopside. I do expect there should be diamonds here and I have even heard reports of diamonds being found occasionally over the last decades. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Nicholas

Diamond to Dowse.PNG

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that area very well. There is an old story about a Green River woman finding 4 diamonds near there. Don't know if it's true. I have cataloged over 600 anthills in that general area. I have a very good idea where a kimberlite pipe is located there. I have found thosuands of carats of diopside, pyrope, etc. Haven't found any diamonds yet. I probably walked 150 miles in the vicinity of that pic in the last 2 years....mostly in a 20 mile radius of that spot.
Jim

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I also found a couple of kimberlite pipes...thank you gentlemen...It is always nice when I learn something new.....Art
Jim.jpg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Jim....All I can tell people is what I found...I don’t know if I ask the right questions...I know that I received a lot of no answers.....Art

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Jim....All I can tell people is what I found...I don’t know if I ask the right questions...I know that I received a lot of no answers.....Art
OK, I'll bite...were these pipes the kind people smoke, or the kind that diamonds are found in?
Jim

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also found a couple of kimberlite pipes...thank you gentlemen...It is always nice when I learn something new.....Art
View attachment 882752
I don't question the northern pipe might be OK, but that southern site sure hasn't produced for me, at least in finding the indicators, in enough numbers to justify an intense search. If you found it...that's great.
Jim

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I guess, before I responded, I should have asked if you found those sites by dowsing? If you did...I'm moderately impressed.
Jim

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
Sorry but no just research and hard work. But I just resently learned of diamonds in coos bay. But a good friend of mine that beleaves he is Good at dosing. I will set him loose with his abilitys and get back with you later. If you know of the diamonds found in this area keep them to ypur self. Ill be in touch later after I get answer. Any peramitors

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What would be sorse of diamonds in coos bay. Any idea where in coos bay oregon
Probably they came up because of the subduction zone at the coast. The experts think that's also where the diamonds in the CA gold fields came from. I may get down to Coos this next week....might nose around a little. If I lived near there, I would definitely be panning the creeks, looking for diamonds. I know they are there...they've been found before.
Good luck,
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I looked up kimberlite pipes on Google...Then I ask the questions to the map...Art
Art...try lamproite, too. Both types of rock carry diamonds. Just for giggles, you might try "pyrope garnet" too. Here's another idea...try diamondiferous kimberlite, and the same with lamproite.
Jim

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Those sure are pretty.....The lower pipe signal was very weak..I don’t know if it was because it is very small or what....When I was dredging my claim on the Feather River I found a lot of Garnets....North Africa has a large Diamond Claim North of Red Bluff Ca.....Art

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
I mention crystal creak runs into sixes. A good friend that has passed away. Dont be sorry. Im not. He told me they uses to mine black diamonds on his ranch. And just remembered. I found diamonds in a creak. Took about one or two seconds under micro scope then tossed them to the ground. If your going to be in area giveme a holler

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the only place i'm picking up Diamonds . View attachment 882879
Well...that's a very likely spot, Okie. There have been a few reported close to there from years ago. I've been all over that without finding any, but it's big country, and they could be there under a few inches of soil. The ones that were reportedly found, were found on a gavel bar in the wash.
Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I mention crystal creak runs into sixes. A good friend that has passed away. Dont be sorry. Im not. He told me they uses to mine black diamonds on his ranch. And just remembered. I found diamonds in a creak. Took about one or two seconds under micro scope then tossed them to the ground. If your going to be in area giveme a holler
I'd like to do that but will be with the wife, and have no idea what she wants to do. We'll see how it goes. I might not even get that far south.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread