Lets play Dowsing for Diamonds.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those sure are pretty.....The lower pipe signal was very weak..I don’t know if it was because it is very small or what....When I was dredging my claim on the Feather River I found a lot of Garnets....North Africa has a large Diamond Claim North of Red Bluff Ca.....Art
Yup...they are pretty. The pyrope is a special type of garnet. They come up to the surface in kimberlite pipes (volcanoes). They are one of the better indicators to tell you where kimberlite might be, along with chromian diopside, which is emerald green. Here's a pic of some of both I dug about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• Garnet22.jpg
    Garnet22.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 138

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
I found mine in my sloos box looking for meteoric mater. I have also found impact diamonds. And the strangest thing. I got piture but after grinding three times in mortes and pestual. Using dry seperation rincing with wink a floridic acid. I saw behind these crystal clear stones with dark inclusions, Evan a dark latus structure truning to crystal clear. But behind these I found a and have piture of a diamond fly. Could a carbon life form with anough heat and presure be turned to diamond. Impact events haen in micro and mila seconds. Ive got pitcher. But sadly lost that speck of dust

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
Ive taken up part time resedency in port orford. There are agets by the pound in everone house. How will I know when I find one. I use a carbide bit from lathe I know that they have triangualar concoidial chips. And the have an afinity for grease

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Sounds like you guys are enjoying your hobby....You can try baited Dowsing rods or if you know someone with a good electronic device here are a few of my freq..
Amethist 1.265
Diamond 12.835
Emerald 6.900
Garnet 1.425
Saphire 11.845

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Those are all MHz....You would need a set of rods to find and follow the signal. I have experimented with Cell Phones...They have a ÂĽ mile range and about 2 foot in depth..You can make a set of rods from metal coat hangers
..Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Jim in Idaho
I guess, before I responded, I should have asked if you found those sites by dowsing? If you did...I'm moderately impressed.
Jim
I can not speak for the other map dowsers on this board....the intent of my map dowsing is to put people in the area where they have a chance of recovering treasure...Before I started to use Dowsed maps I spent a lot of time just wandering around the dessert.....Now I have a good idea of where search...Art

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art, Okie and Jim. Looks like some interest in diamonds. I've only been up there once and that was last month. I did manage to find some garnets and a few diopside at the last place I went to. I have been studying this area for about a year.

That image covered a lot of area so I've got some new images closer in from the dowses that were done. Thanks so much for the dowses. I know how private or confidential information can be but I'm about ready to open up on this one. So if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask. But I believe Jim is the expert here. I'm the newbie. Thanks Jim.

So if you want to keep dowsing here are the new images.

Diopside
WY Diopside.PNG

North Kimberlite
WY DKimberlite 1.PNG

South Kimberlite
WY DKimberlite 2.PNG

Okie"s location
WY Diamonds Okie.PNG

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey bookcliff....Just heading out to the mountains..I am going to an old deer camp in a aspen grove that has a few marked trees in it....the last time I was there I was just a Deer Hunter (20 plus years ago)...I don’t know if there is any treasure there but I will enjoy a large camp fire tonight with some old friends....Art

yesifoundit

Jul 17, 2011
I have just taken a look at Idaho breafly I se things that apear as impact craters or volcanos or steam vents

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just plotted all of these on a map and they are very close to each other. They are with a mile or two of each other. This is also the area I was in 4 weeks ago when I found garnets.

ant hill garnets.jpg

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Sounds like you guys are enjoying your hobby....You can try baited Dowsing rods or if you know someone with a good electronic device here are a few of my freq..
Amethist 1.265
Diamond 12.835
Emerald 6.900
Garnet 1.425
Saphire 11.845

hey art, is the frequency for diamonds one that will workon a telephone? thanks, ellis

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you use your smart phone or any phone to dowse with? Do you need to download an app?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
How do you use your smart phone or any phone to dowse with?
Dowsing is using Rods to find treasure...the other is using an electronic signal to find treasure...some electronic units require Rods to follow the signal.....Just because it is required to use rods does not make it Dowsing....Art

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. Let me rephrase the question. How do I use a smart phone or any phone to find gems, precious metals or PGMs? Do I need an app? Do I use the phone with rods? What phones will work? Anyone?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have already said more than I should have

1. Read Me First

This forum is limited to the discussion of simple, inexpensive (or FREE!) devices and techniques. That means NO discussion of electrical devices of any kind. Feel free to discuss L-rods, Spanish dip needles, map dowsing, and other dowsing related subjects.

Because of past experience with similar forums, I will not have much patience in the forum, so if you veer off topic you just might find your post deleted and your permissions restricted. If you have some constructive information to share about dowsing then great, feel free to post!! If you want to post just to toot your own horn or to sneak in links to your long range locator website, then beware - I am ready to ban you! PERMANENTLY!

Thanks,
Marc Austin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread