Lets See Your Tesoro Metal Detectors - Post With Pride!

Sondog

Greenie
Feb 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta Fors Relic, Makro Red Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my First Tesoro Today.... V1.jpg

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! That Vaq is a heck of a machine!

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoof can you provide some detail around your 7" shadow coil, other then it being the 5 Pin Delta Epsilon coil is it exactly the same as the Mojave 7" Precision coil?

When it gets nicer here I plan on doing a comparison.
According to Allen at Tesoro they are not the same. The windings were done to Troy spec and because of copyright they can't make them that way. I did have it rebuilt and retuned by them last year and they did it to the Troy spec. But I did play in my home and didn't see much difference.
But like I said I plan on doing a more direct comparison once the weather is better and I can go out and use my outlaw and GB is and test outdoors. Inside I get some EMI and it's not a fair comparison.
I don't have a garden but I can do air tests after getting the GB somewhat normalized.
After a winter of bench testing the GB is all off on all mine from trying to change it positive or neg to see affects on depth and air tests.

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stoof,

You need to trade the makro racer in for a Cortez :)

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fleet is growing. Love them all.
Started with compadre, then bought a used one to waterproof.
Now I've added Mojave and I'm learning how the sensitivity
control affects things. Next one will have to be the whole package
with G.B. And threshold. But for now it's baby steps.

Noah
image.jpeg

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoof,

You need to trade the makro racer in for a Cortez :)

Already have a Deleon with that Troy coil. Cortez is unnecessary haha
Plus that racer2 plus the coils will pay for a Cortez and a Rad coil vaquero haha

And fltacoma, you need to buy a Mojave

Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noah
View attachment 1422164

Since you have the Mojave, you should get the outlaw 3 coil pack. Awesome machine and you'll have 4 coils that work on your Mojave and outlaw....
Just saying.... Lmao

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you have the Mojave, you should get the outlaw 3 coil pack. Awesome machine and you'll have 4 coils that work on your Mojave and outlaw....
Just saying.... Lmao

Makes perfect sense!

I'm starting to think some of y'all get commissions...haha

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread! You guys are sick!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad you kept it. I came close to pushing the button. Really!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you like it! It is fine!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the 11x8 a lot with my Tejon and it is sweet. Pin pointing with it is not like most would think. It pin points great. It sweeps a lot of ground and hits hard.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Noah
View attachment 1422164

Taking it one step at a time, good on yeah Noah.

Nice collection.

JK Eldorado

Greenie
Aug 15, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP, Tesoro, Minelab, Garrett & Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has rained here most of the day & I decided to get out my detectors & look at them all in a row! I then found this post and decided to take a picture for All to see! So glad to see so many people here who share my affliction for Tesoro brand metal detectors! Addiction might be a better word...at least in my case! When I was deciding on machines Tesoro keep coming up as a great deal because of the warranty. Hard to spend 800, 900 or even1000s with a 5yr or less warranty. Even if you are not the original owner $50 bucks and shipping? Heck of a deal! I have several used machines that have gone back to the factory just before I bought them & 2 that I am getting ready to send in for a check up! Here are my machines & accessories. I use all of these machines on a fairly regular basis. I play in my test garden alot with these machines trying to learn how to opperate them for the best results. A couple certainly do get to ride out into the world with me more often. Mr. DeLeon,Mr. Cutlass umax(love this older machine) and Mr. Vaquero(my newest Thanks again MrTerry!) I am fairly new to the hobby of metal detecting...4 years now. I watch YouTube for tips, pointers and visit this forum often. I do hunt as much as I can to learn in the real world setting. It has a calming effect for me in my fast paced busy life. Even a brief hour hunt can do wonders for my mood! I believe I have found the manufacturer that I prefer. I have tried others & even still have a few of those others around here somewhere. Beep & dig that is what I go to do when I go metal detect. Listening to the sounds & Tesoros preforms for me in flying colors! Simple, lightweight & highly portable. Other Tesoros I would like to try the Bandito 2 Umax & of course the ever elusive Golden Umax. Parks,Schools,woods,beaches and fields...I enjoy my walks with my friends and the adventures we have...
Cheers!

Attachments

• 1492658926076.jpg
    1492658926076.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 1492658940672.jpg
    1492658940672.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J.K.
I see you have the little 5.75 attached to your DeLeon. U B smart metal detectorist.
Nice photo. Yes, you are addicted, indeed you are. Great.

If I may ask, where is home in N.C.? While I live in Ga., all my kin live in and around Hamlet.
DeLeon your favorite? I see you listed it first.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well guys in have just noticed that in all of the pictures shown, not one of you has even got an aftermarket straight shaft on your machines, so I guess that tesoro got the Ballance right in the first place, unlike other manufacturers.

JK Eldorado

Greenie
Aug 15, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.K.
I see you have the little 5.75 attached to your DeLeon. U B smart metal detectorist.

If I may ask, where is home in N.C.? While I live in Ga., all my kin live in and around Hamlet.
Vern2
Actually I don't yet own 5.75 concentric 5 pin coil. I will soon though...I just ordered one! I have been contemplating purchasing one for some time now. The one on the DeLeon in the picture is the 4in concentric. I like that coil alot for tight spaces where depth is not important. Although still get pretty good depth with it on the Deleon. Yes...I have to say...I use the DeLeon quite a bit. It is a great coin machine. I like the depth that I get with it & it is a park/school grounds killer for me! I do own & use the 5.75 concentric 4 pin on my Tjeon & Vaquero alot! Great depth for a small coil & SUPER in trashy sites. Makes the detectors lighter and nimbler! I have also heard good things about the 5.75 widescan coil. I need to purchase one of those & test it out this summer.
I am originally from Raleigh but have lived all over the country. Last 18 years I have made Gastonia NC home. My mother's family is from Rockingham...I know you know where that is... My family owns land in & around the county & I like to travel there...when time permits. Yes...Hamlet NC use to hear the trains as a child staying the summers with my gandparents and the lights from the train yard would light up the sky towards Hamlet. It was the country...at night DARK! LOL! The Sandhills of NC...nice digging there...ground is soft & easy to get through. I have had good luck there with my Lobo Supertraq...another awesome machine! My father in law lives in Atlanta. If I may ask what part of GA do you call home?

Last edited:

JK Eldorado

Greenie
Aug 15, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.K.

Vern2
Actually I don't yet own 5.75 concentric 5 pin coil. I will soon though...I just ordered one! I have been contemplating purchasing one for some time now. The one on the DeLeon in the picture is the 4in concentric. I like that coil alot for tight spaces where depth is not important. Although still get pretty good depth with it on the Deleon. Yes...I have to say...I use the DeLeon quite a bit. It is a great coin machine. I like the depth that I get with it & it is a park/school grounds killer for me! I do own & use the 5.75 concentric 4 pin on my Tjeon & Vaquero alot! Great depth for a small coil & SUPER in trashy sites. Makes the detectors lighter and nimbler! I have also heard good things about the 5.75 widescan coil. I need to purchase one of those & test it out this summer.
I am originally from Raleigh but havery lived all over the country. Last 18 years I have made Gastonia NC home. My mother's family is from Rockingham...I know you know where that is... My family owns land in & around the county & I like to travel there...when time permits. Yes...Hamlet NC use to hear the trains as a child staying the summers with my gandparents and the lights from the train yard would light up the sky towards Hamlet. It was the country...at night DARK! LOL! The Sandhills of NC...nice digging there...ground is soft & easy to get through. I have had good luck there with my Lobo Supertraq...another awesome machine! My father in law lives in Atlanta. If I may ask what part of GA do you call home?

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JK
I sent you a PM.

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0080.JPG These are my Tesoros,one group with manual GB ,the other has factory GB. One SS Umax had a manual GB mod done to it,works great,they all do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread