Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a new beach today. All I can say is wow, the place is covered in 50-100 year old relics.

Thought I had found an old Winchester when I found this, but I'm pretty sure it's an old kid's Daisy BB Rifle or similar.
20151027_153009.jpg 20151027_153039.jpg

This is a wooden crate/chest that I found by the waters edge at low tide, dug it up half way but wasn't able to get it out. WIll bring a bigger shovel and get it out tomorrow.
20151027_153323.jpg

Found this $20 bill in the surf as the tide was coming in.
20151027_164328.jpg 20151027_164159.jpg

Some ancient compressor.
20151027_152529.jpg

20151027_164209.jpg

I ended up carrying 5 shopping bags full of antique bottles and other relics, sorry no pics it got too dark quick and I'm too tired right now. Tomorrow I will be returning with proper digging equipment and a sifter. There were licence plates, very old ones, there were giant safes from banks and every day household items from 50-100 years ago. Even uranium glass, I only found one large shard but it proves its out there. I have a very good feeling about this new spot.

Upvote 21

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope there isn't a body in that chest. :tongue3: Finding that $20 sure made your day I bet. Looking forward to seeing pics of all those bottles you found. :thumbsup:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got paid to play.....How cool is that. Congrats! That chest is full of water logged forged $100 bills.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those bottles look pretty cool from what I can see

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like an awesome site you found. Look forward to follow up posts

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on saving Andrew from the waters. Hope the dig out of the chest provides a nice bounty for your troubles.

S

stefen

Still have my Daisy rifle...slightly better shape that what you found...in fact, night & day different.

Your relic would make a great wall-hanger and garner more attention...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY MINER A 20.00 BILL AND SOME BOTTLE FINDS ID SAY YOU DID ALRIGHT ....

Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty cool spot you found cant wait for more post on item's that were pulled

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats UM , that new beach looks like it could be hiding plenty of treasures , good luck ..cheers Mick

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh boy!!! I bet Jimmy Hoffa, or whats left of him, is in that chest!! Dibs on the skull.:laughing7:

Enjoy the hunt. Best of luck.

Guardez

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man you've got one sweet site to bottle hunt and you don't even need your detector! :thumbsup:
Hope the chest is full of something valuable... I'd say full of gold coins, but lets get real here! :laughing7:

Can't wait to see what you find tomorrow,
Dave

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm waiting for the new finds there………..

Me too!!

You always find some neat, interesting and rare items no matter where you are searching, whether that is checking out the curbs, permission spots or beaches and I look forward to the posts. The $20 bill was a great find and made the trip worthwhile even if you found nothing else! I hope that the chest is/was full of valuable and possibly rare items! Do you remove as much of the unuseable/unsellable metal items from the beaches as possible and take them to the Recyclers? If I was searching the beaches, I would do so to make extra money and help clean up the beaches so that I would not have so much junk metal to deal with when I come back to metal detect. My nephew and his wife borrowed my' White's Surf PI recently for a trip to the beaches on the west coast of Florida. They were hoping to make some nice finds but they have contracted Beach Cleaners were they went for vacation that come through every few days with somewhat heavy, motorized sifting equipment and strip the beaches of all of the goodies along with the trash and most of the broken glass.

Frank

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'd have fun there! (maybe)
Look's like a popular dumping Spot From Many years. Trash Everywhere .
but "One man's trash".
Hopefully some Good 1800's Glass will pop up. A 20 bill is always cool.
I agree with Huntsman Metal Recycling would 'maybe' be good there, but with steel Scrap around 2-4 cents a pound .???
Always a keeper or 2 in a place like that. I'd stay out of the Water.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I'd have fun there! (maybe)
Look's like a popular dumping Spot From Many years. Trash Everywhere .
but "One man's trash".
Hopefully some Good 1800's Glass will pop up. A 20 bill is always cool.
I agree with Huntsman Metal Recycling would 'maybe' be good there, but with steel Scrap around 2-4 cents a pound .???
Always a keeper or 2 in a place like that. I'd stay out of the Water.

If there are that many items and potential good finds in the high tide area during low tide, there are likely a lot more items and potentially good to great finds being hidden by the water and deposits of sand and other debris. I believe I would risk going in the water but would be very careful to protect myself from broken bottles, sharp jagged metal, dangerous aquatic creatures and dangerous undertows with the appropriate equipment and wear. With the old giant Bank Safes (and larger Steel or Iron items), it might be time to invest in a used and cheap Tow Truck to pull them out of the sand, get them home for inspection (i.e. breaking into in hopes of money or other valuables being inside) and either selling them or taking them to the Recyclers. If some of the Bank Safes are restorable and the locks work, they might fetch some serious cash once restored.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions