Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a new beach today. All I can say is wow, the place is covered in 50-100 year old relics.

Thought I had found an old Winchester when I found this, but I'm pretty sure it's an old kid's Daisy BB Rifle or similar.
20151027_153009.jpg 20151027_153039.jpg

This is a wooden crate/chest that I found by the waters edge at low tide, dug it up half way but wasn't able to get it out. WIll bring a bigger shovel and get it out tomorrow.
20151027_153323.jpg

Found this $20 bill in the surf as the tide was coming in.
20151027_164328.jpg 20151027_164159.jpg

Some ancient compressor.
20151027_152529.jpg

20151027_164209.jpg

I ended up carrying 5 shopping bags full of antique bottles and other relics, sorry no pics it got too dark quick and I'm too tired right now. Tomorrow I will be returning with proper digging equipment and a sifter. There were licence plates, very old ones, there were giant safes from banks and every day household items from 50-100 years ago. Even uranium glass, I only found one large shard but it proves its out there. I have a very good feeling about this new spot.

Upvote 21

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
is the tide washing out an old dump?

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got rained out on Wednesday but managed to go today (Thursday). Got about 20 pounds of copper, 10 pounds of brass, 2 old toy guns, these really cool round-bottom bottles, I even dug up the crate but it was just full of sand. I also found the insides of a piano, it had a date of 1845 stamped on it. Found a cast iron claw from a bath tub. There is enough scrap copper and brass there to be worth thousands. The iron is also immense, many hundreds of tons. Many thousands of glass bottles. These is so much stuff in this place it is overwhelming. Definitely an old landfill that the ocean is starting to erode out and the contents is spilling out onto the once nice beach. Lots of lead paint chips everywhere. Lots of bottles and rusty cans of chemicals and paint too.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right down my ally, I found a safe couple winters back.
Hope there is treasure in the box!
Bottles look good, the ones with no threads.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Got rained out on Wednesday but managed to go today (Thursday). Got about 20 pounds of copper, 10 pounds of brass, 2 old toy guns, these really cool round-bottom bottles, I even dug up the crate but it was just full of sand. I also found the insides of a piano, it had a date of 1845 stamped on it. Found a cast iron claw from a bath tub. There is enough scrap copper and brass there to be worth thousands. The iron is also immense, many hundreds of tons. Many thousands of glass bottles. These is so much stuff in this place it is overwhelming. Definitely an old landfill that the ocean is starting to erode out and the contents is spilling out onto the once nice beach. Lots of lead paint chips everywhere. Lots of bottles and rusty cans of chemicals and paint too.

Although a lot of hard work, the place sounds like a virtual Gold mine for recyclables and possibly some rare thrown away treasures. Have you identified any of the round bottom bottles? Some of those could be worth a lot of money depending upon the maker of the bottle, the brand of wine or rum they were used for and of course, the years they were made and used but I am sure you know that! Since even back in the old days, folks cleaned out homes that were abandoned due to deaths, evictions and moves, it is possible you could find some really rare collectibles, piles of coins and even currency that may have survived if sealed in waterproof or near waterproof containers. It sounds as if you could spend years there cleaning up and rescuing treasures from the old dump. Good luck and I hope you find some awesome and very rare items!

Frank

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like with the right plan, effort, there is some $ to be made there.

With all that paint & chem's Watch out could get turned into a Haz-mat site.

An illegal dump U reckon?

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't take alot of pictures of my finds as of yet but will post them soon. Until then please enjoy this special picture of a metal cabinet I spotted at the "excavation site". It is special because it bears an inscription from its original owner expressing regret for throwing it away. It was tossed out and buried under the ground over half a century ago and is only now starting to be revealed once again. The script letters tell a story from a different age when people actually felt sad when they had to toss something away. It may just be me but I find this fascinating.

20151029_154810.jpg
"I will miss you."

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
that would make a *****n" re-purposed table top or something like that....

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:

oops...got censored....that would make a great re-purposed table top or something like that....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread