Liberty Cap L.C. + Classic Head H.C. at new site

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk, Kyle and I were itching to hit a new site. Kyle pointed me to a landowner early last week and I took it from there. The farmer wanted to know alot about us and the hobby before he OK'd us to hunt. I told him in depth that Kyle is very good at the research end of our Triple decker detector club. ;D The landowner was incredulous that we are not out to make money at this. I told him that the coins and relics that we hone in on are usually not valuable at all and it is just a passionate hobby that we are into. I related the fact that my brother Kevin races bicycles and that he just spent 6000 bucks on a new race bike and all he ever gets to show for his effort is a medal or trophy to put on his mantle. Pretty much the same with CKK. We are into this not to get rich but to pursue the historical aspect and of course it doesn't hurt to find the targets that float our collective boats ( so to speak ). ::)
After about a half an hour talking to this gentleman he said "You guys are welcome to hunt my land."
When we met up at Mcdonalds it was raining so we waited for it to end. When we finally arrived to the property it was immediately clear to us that the going was gonna be difficult. It was a horse pasture that was really overgrown. About 12 inches high overgrown. We here in Pa. have been getting abundant rain and everything is growing crazy. We'll be growing mold on our eyebrows if it doesn't soon let up. :D I couldn't swing normally but instead had to push the coil down through the vegetation. Wasn't easy. I got a good signal and 80 VDI turned out to be a thinny Liberty Cap large cent. 1795 or 1796. After about 20 more minutes I got a 77 vdi on the Vision and it was a beautiful Classic Head Half cent 1825. The rarist one minted. It was brutally hot and humid and since it was so difficult we decided to call it a day. Can't wait until they either cut the field or the horses gorge themselves silly to reduce the greenery. Thanks everyone.
Chris
PIC00026.jpg

PIC00027.jpg

PIC00007-10.jpg

PIC00017-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Chris, that Half Cent is a beauty!

Don

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Wow half cents are hard to find an ones in this kinda shape are next to impossible to find... You had a lil luck on your side today!!! super good find!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on those finds and great job in getting that all important permission. I would be back there tomorrow looking for the other half of that 1825 :laughing9:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds, that half cent is in Great Condition.

Nova Treasure

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful half cent!! Congrats

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats some great looking coppers, that half cent is the best I have seen dug. I cant wait to see what else is there, I bet theres a lot more nice coppers waiting under that tall grass. Congrats on two awesome coppers. HH!!

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Unc,

I told you that it would produce some nice keepers. I wonder how many we would have found if it was cut low? :dontknow: Oh well, we may never know. :help:

The Liberty Cap is amazing and the half cent is :notworthy:!

Let's do it again next Sunday!

Nephew

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
Congrats on two super coins. You guys never let us down. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats big guy,
MM

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That's my kinda diggin right there. Congrats on that sweet half cent. G4: $55.00- VF20: $110.00 That baby is nice. WTG......jgas

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! What a great Half Cent! It has been quite a while since I have seen one posted, and yours is a beauty!

I feel your pain on the vegetation! I found myself doing the same coil "pressing" at my favorite site last week. As much as it pains me, I decided to wait until late November before returning to find copper number 12 from the site.

Congrats,
Neil

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
mighty fat lc there buddy
way to go with the v

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just an ordinary day for KKC...new site, more coppers! Awesome detail on those coppers, Unc! That Liberty Cap is what we seek.

Kirk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread