kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Have a friend that hired a company to do Lidar over his claim. It did a great job showing the ground contours without the trees in the way. ...Pretty sure that was Lidar, but maybe something else. Can't get on the site right now to check.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
LiDAR will produce a bare earth image.

The resolution can get all the way down to a few centimeters. Most is shot at sub-meter resolution.

It's expensive. You won't find very much on line for free.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the thread I was talking about. He removed the images for security reasons,, but the text helps get his first-hand views of the technology:
Lidar Imaging for claims

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LiDAR will produce a bare earth image.

The resolution can get all the way down to a few centimeters. Most is shot at sub-meter resolution.

It's expensive. You won't find very much on line for free.

That's sort of what I figured. The near-IR is what I'm more interested in, although I'm not finding much in the way of that either. It mostly appears to be coming from vegetation surveys but it's all real low resolution. I know it can get to be very high resolution, but that's for "real" researchers and universities, etc.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The resolution you are asking for is available, but very expensive.

The systems are upwards of 1.5 mil. When a company pays for it, they keep it close.

Click this link

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
At that price, does that include the cost of the plane?? Makes me wish I was still an aviation buff!

A person can get IR cameras, and can even get a drone or RC aircraft to fly over most unpopulated or sparsely-populated areas.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
At that price, does that include the cost of the plane?? Makes me wish I was still an aviation buff!

A person can get IR cameras, and can even get a drone or RC aircraft to fly over most unpopulated or sparsely-populated areas.

The airplane is usually a lot less than the technology.

They have handheld units, civilian UAS stuff, and like what the fire department uses, much cheaper. But, you get what you pay for.

It depends on the users application and accuracy requirements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread