Life was simple, the wine was good ...

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Back when ... there was the Minelab Explorer, then the Explorer II, then a cheaper version called the Quattro.
It was simple to know which was the latest and best of the line ... but now ...
We have the Minelab Explorer SE, the Safari, and the E-Track ... all at once! ... ??? ...

Which one is supposed to be the top dog of the Explorer line? ... :dontknow: ...
I know which is the most expensive but if they all use FBS technoligy how are they notably different from one another ... :icon_scratch: ...

Take the Explorer SE and the Safari ... Kellyco says the Safari is "the latest and greatest".
Is it really better than the SE or is it the same electronics board with a modified program running the display and a new paint job?
What is it that makes them so different ... or the Safari so much better than the SE?

I read the magazine writeups and I am more confused than before ... they all seem to be described as the latest and greatest detector Minelab makes.
They do a great job finding coins, they do great at the beach, what a wonderful relic machine, took it to a hunted out field and found silver coins, blah, blah, blah.
Minelab should explain what each detector was designed to do better than the others before it so a simpleton like me can choose the right detector.

BTW: I took no chances and ordered the E-Track.
Being the most expensive it must be the best ... right?

Oh ... Yeah ... the wine is still good! ... :tongue3: ...

Willee

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a Safari and couldnt be happier with it. My buddy got an SE and he cant figure it out. I hope your e tac works out for you and keep us posted with what you find!!!

OP
OP
Willee

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Iron Patch said:
That's easy... XS and ExII.

That is a hard combination to beat.
I have had the Explorer XS and Explorer II and I like them.
But ... the grass always looks greener on the other side of the hill.
The SE would have most likely done everything I needed in a land detector.

Willee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread