Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello T-Netters...!!!!! This update is for those who used to support my endeavors concerning the cave I discovered and my toy box donations. I'm sure many followers have moved on and the newbies will have to review my past threads for the info if interested. I kind of went AWOL for a few years and into a small bubble. I'm sure much has changed for many of us. My wife passed in May 2019. But I have a wonderful girlfriend now, Gale who actually HELPS me build them and really enjoys it. While my late wife certainly supported me 100% she couldn't help hands on. A member here asked me about my toy boxes yesterday. Here's that update guy:

TOY BOXES: I still build, sell and donate my toy boxes each Christmas (7 years now) . I still attach my late daughters and grandsons name onto each one donated. As of last Christmas 206 toy boxes have now been donated throughout the Franklin / Nashville and Centerville TN. areas. The local news outlets of Nashville still cover this endeavor each year. That would be channel outlets 2, 4, 5 & 17. Channel 5 News out of Nashville did a real good job last year covering it. They came to my wood-shop and recorded me making one. Then did a sit down interview with me and even went to the Franklin PD. and recorded us delivering a special one for them. Anybody interested in reviewing last years coverage can on link below. If it doesn't work then (brad lewis toy boxes channel 5 nashville 2022). I have now build well over 600+ of these now total. So about 1/3 total of them I have donated. I quit advertising years ago on craigslist and still get calls about them. We have a customer coming out today to pick one up...!!!!! I donated 27 last year and plan to for 2023 Christmas again.
AND.... you folks who all offered to support / help my endeavor then I still greatly appreciate each and every one of you very much and thank you....! And I intend to continue honoring my daughter Kristi and my grandson Carter as long as I can and I have the support groups filling and delivering them.

CAVE: I haven't been back to the cave in a LONG TIME. I tried and tried and tried some more to get some experts to come see what was present. It never happened. That cave had some damn interesting mysteries to be solved. I never bought into the idea 100% that the mud mounds were saltpeter casks from the war of 1812....? Maybe... just maybe (MAYBE!!!) the 1st mound "up front".... maybe..??? Never detected 1 nail or item relating to it. But not the ones WAY BACK. I can't buy into the though of someone having the nuggets, using a torch and then constructing the mound in that small environment for saltpeter. I never did destroy any mound to see what was in the tunnels behind each one. But rest assured they were all man made.... for some reason...??? As far as the offshoot to the right after entering with the bobcat tracks leading into it well that was explored last. While the bobcat tracks were very real and a concern it finally dawned on me that the reason it was so small to enter was because "somebody" had piled a huge amount of mud and earth to hide it. Took a long time to realize that or for it to dawn upon me. But it opened up after crawling over and into. I finally got into it and went about 20-30 yds. before it "ended". And that's all I got/gonna say about that part except to say that......... "I love my pinpointer". I kind of addressed this years ago here on another T-net thread but that's water under the bridge now. There was a LOT of civil war activity around here and mystries abound. Now the property has been sold and 100's of acres for forest has been harvested around the cave. All of the fossils and items I saw years ago before the 2010 floods around there are all still there buried beneath the landslide that occured I'm sure. I still think the writing on the first mound could be ruin writings. And I never found out what the small symbol on the left side meant either....???? Around page 22 on my caving thread shows some of the etchings I'm referencing. Since I haven't been back to cave since it was logged off I have no idea if it was "discovered" again or entered. I just hope nobody destroyed anything. And I'm sure there's another cave just around the corner (within 50 yds.) buried beneath an old landslide also...? But in all my exploring of this cave I never destroyed a thing or harmed any of the critters.... just moved a couple of flat rocks late in my exploring.

I just hope many of the "old timers" are still around and I'll try and keep up with you and all you newer members also. I'm almost 68 now and have a banged up left knee from a chainsaw / tree mishap from about a year ago now. Bothers the hell out of me.... Glory days are all over as are 4:30 mile times. I wish ya all the best and I'm doing just fine.... Brad Lewis

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures?

Toy boxes... No water (Coors light)
Or your chiggers!

laughing11.gif

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little late seeing this Brad. think you so much for posting it up for the folks that haven't seen your big heart.

CarolynPhelps

May 24, 2023
Hello T-Netters...!!!!! This update is for those who used to support my endeavors concerning the cave I discovered and my toy box donations. I'm sure many followers have moved on and the newbies will have to review my past threads for the info if interested. I kind of went AWOL for a few years and into a small bubble. I'm sure much has changed for many of us. My wife passed in May 2019. But I have a wonderful girlfriend now, Gale who actually HELPS me build them and really enjoys it. While my late wife certainly supported me 100% she couldn't help hands on. A member here asked me about my toy boxes yesterday. Here's that update guy:

TOY BOXES: I still build, sell and donate my toy boxes each Christmas (7 years now) . I still attach my late daughters and grandsons name onto each one donated. As of last Christmas 206 toy boxes have now been donated throughout the Franklin / Nashville and Centerville TN. areas. The local news outlets of Nashville still cover this endeavor each year. That would be channel outlets 2, 4, 5 & 17. Channel 5 News out of Nashville did a real good job last year covering it. They came to my wood-shop and recorded me making one. Then did a sit down interview with me and even went to the Franklin PD. and recorded us delivering a special one for them. Anybody interested in reviewing last years coverage can on link below. If it doesn't work then (brad lewis toy boxes channel 5 nashville 2022). I have now build well over 600+ of these now total. So about 1/3 total of them I have donated. I quit advertising years ago on craigslist and still get calls about them. We have a customer coming out today to pick one up...!!!!! I donated 27 last year and plan to for 2023 Christmas again.
AND.... you folks who all offered to support / help my endeavor then I still greatly appreciate each and every one of you very much and thank you....! And I intend to continue honoring my daughter Kristi and my grandson Carter as long as I can and I have the support groups filling and delivering them.

CAVE: I haven't been back to the cave in a LONG TIME. I tried and tried and tried some more to get some experts to come see what was present. It never happened. That cave had some damn interesting mysteries to be solved. I never bought into the idea 100% that the mud mounds were saltpeter casks from the war of 1812....? Maybe... just maybe (MAYBE!!!) the 1st mound "up front".... maybe..??? Never detected 1 nail or item relating to it. But not the ones WAY BACK. I can't buy into the though of someone having the nuggets, using a torch and then constructing the mound in that small environment for saltpeter. I never did destroy any mound to see what was in the tunnels behind each one. But rest assured they were all man made.... for some reason...??? As far as the offshoot to the right after entering with the bobcat tracks leading into it well that was explored last. While the bobcat tracks were very real and a concern it finally dawned on me that the reason it was so small to enter was because "somebody" had piled a huge amount of mud and earth to hide it. Took a long time to realize that or for it to dawn upon me. But it opened up after crawling over and into. I finally got into it and went about 20-30 yds. before it "ended". And that's all I got/gonna say about that part except to say that......... "I love my pinpointer". I kind of addressed this years ago here on another T-net thread but that's water under the bridge now. There was a LOT of civil war activity around here and mystries abound. Now the property has been sold and 100's of acres for forest has been harvested around the cave. All of the fossils and items I saw years ago before the 2010 floods around there are all still there buried beneath the landslide that occured I'm sure. I still think the writing on the first mound could be ruin writings. And I never found out what the small symbol on the left side meant either....???? Around page 22 on my caving thread shows some of the etchings I'm referencing. Since I haven't been back to cave since it was logged off I have no idea if it was "discovered" again or entered. I just hope nobody destroyed anything. And I'm sure there's another cave just around the corner (within 50 yds.) buried beneath an old landslide also...? But in all my exploring of this cave I never destroyed a thing or harmed any of the critters.... just moved a couple of flat rocks late in my exploring.
At the same time, I overcame such difficulties through playing the game Pocket City 2 Mod APK to relieve difficulties and pressure in life.
I just hope many of the "old timers" are still around and I'll try and keep up with you and all you newer members also. I'm almost 68 now and have a banged up left knee from a chainsaw / tree mishap from about a year ago now. Bothers the hell out of me.... Glory days are all over as are 4:30 mile times. I wish ya all the best and I'm doing just fine.... Brad Lewis
It's great that you're still active on T-Net and connecting with both old and new members. Age may bring some physical limitations, but it's clear that your passion for exploration and woodworking still burns strong. I wish you all the best, Brad, and I hope you continue to find joy in your endeavors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread